Aftermarket cams?

Evul9

So the previous owner of the car put stickers on the inside of the hood of all the aftermarket parts (f&f blox skunk2) all I have found but there is a edelbrock sticker, and I can't find anything from them... I looked back on a screenshot of the craigslist ad and it said 'larger cams' I am curious now, if the car has aftermarket cams (has adjustable cam gears). Could I confirm this by just taking the valve cover off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
all depends on what type of cams they are. Most of your crower and skunk2 cams are marked on the sides and cam be identified by simply removing your dizzy and seeing if the end of the camshaft is labeled.

to further check this, most of your other cams are marked, stamped or engraved with whatever it may be on the shaft in between lobes.

I hope this helps you out., If you're unsure, post pics. I can def help out more.

Evul9

So taking the valve cover off would work? If they are edelbrock then I think the would be Edelbrock 4730 cams from what I understand.

Last edited:

Evul9

Ok, never removed my dizzy before, I guess it is quite easy?

drevans_satx

Dylan
Take a sharpie and trace the outer edge of the top ear on the dizzy. When you re-install it and place it between your traces it'll be like you never messed with it.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
marking where its currently bolted would be a big help.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

cvcrcr99

^Yes. You are marking it so you can put it back together the same way it was before you pulled it off.

Evul9

OK, i need an explanation on this. I dont know what you mean by "the top ear"/ what to trace

drevans_satx

Dylan

See on this picture. You can trace the outside of the mount onto the distributor or like I did here, make a physical mark in the metal, or a sharpie line.

Evul9

See on this picture. You can trace the outside of the mount onto the distributor or like I did here, make a physical mark in the metal, or a sharpie line.
Ok, got it, thanks for the picture, really helps, thanks!