Aftermarket DC2 Intake fitment question on DA with ABS

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
I'm in the market to buy a new short ram intake pipe to replace my current setup. Here is what I'm using at the moment:

Keep in mind, I'm no longer using the stock GS-R intake manifold. I'm now using a Skunk2 Intake manifold (conventional throttle body placement)

I'm wanting to buy an intake like this, made for a DC2 (to compliment my relocated battery) This is strictly for aesthetic purposes, not for performance, obviously.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390409636167?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

So it would have an overall look, like this:

My question is, though, does anyone know if this type of intake will fit on a DA that still has ABS? I currently still have ABS, and deleting it isn't an option at the time being. If anyone on here has used an intake like this with ABS, let me know. If it'll fit, it's too cheap to pass up. If it won't fit, then I'll just move along to greener pastures ;)

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont understand the question about abs. Looking at the picture it doesnt look like its in the way of the piping. Looking at the bottom picture you should be able to buy any short ram intake you want that fits a ls. In your picture i cant tell if any part of the abs gets in the way.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
The engine bays are from 2 different cars. In DAs, the ABS master cylinder is on the passenger shock tower, thus, intakes tend to have clearance issues. The second pic is of a DC engine bay, where the ABS components are all right behind the passenger headlight.

Sammich

the battery is in the place where the abs would be...i'd vouch to say and agree w/ CBR that an intake from a ls/gs DC should fit no problem

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I looked at aems website last nite for the hybrids but they only seem to list models for civics. Perhaps they dont make the other ones anymore? In any case i think the ls one suits you best and if the abs module in your upper left of the engine bay has clearance problems for the intake i would probably modifty the pipe at the throttle body to give you more room. There should be plenty of space everywhere else for some movement.

99TegLs

my buddy made one out of duct tape and platic cups and it lasted for 3 weeks lol. no but seriously. dont do that.