Aftermarket header really worth the money? Your experiences, please..

01FTW

Ok, am looking into maybe getting a new header with my tax return money, propbably DC 2 piece so itll bea easier to install. But, my question is, are they really worth it?

I already have a short ram intake (AEM) and full skunk2 exhaust, all Im missing is the header. From what I know it MIGHT give me 2-3 HP at the most, and that hardly seems worth $275.

So, for people who had the intake and exhaust bolt-ons done first, when you put on your aftermarket header did it honostly make any difference? If not then I'll probably put that money towards the body or new lowering springs.

WAR 178

Premium User
I know the 5Zigen setup I have....I feel a diff(mid range insane now)
so far I have felt HP gains with what I have used in my car so far....5Zigen>Greddy>stock...
I know there was a real diff in weight alone.

Kream

DC Headers :)

I have the short ram AEM intake as well, custom exhaust 2.5 piping. Got the header for $100 ceramic coated 4-2-1 for my LS but i feel a great difference. A few more horsepower and greatly noticeable more torque..get to speeds and redline quicker

01FTW

Well guys I guess Im getting the header ;)

Id like to get the 1 piece but I know their kind of a bitch to install without a lift.

JGvtec

I would say you would see a bit more noticeable difference if you had full exhaust intake and header. You should check eBay or craigslist most people have part outs or just don't need some stuff. I personally don't know how the eBay headers are. Your best bet is craigslist.

lor_db8

wish you luck.. after installing my dc header 1 pc ceramic 4-1... my cel threw me code 45 (system running too rich or too lean).. ahah.. now i am having hella problems to dealt with.. but good luck!

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
wish you luck.. after installing my dc header 1 pc ceramic 4-1... my cel threw me code 45 (system running too rich or too lean).. ahah.. now i am having hella problems to dealt with.. but good luck!
I somehow dont see the header being the cause of that...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have an ebay 4-1 and have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had everything from a pacesetter to a hytech replica and honestly have not been able to feel a difference in power gains between the different ones. Not saying that a 1k dollar header won't net you more power, but 1000 bucks for 10hp doesnt seem like a good deal to me haha. I had a DC header on a b16 powered EG hatch and it was ok, I think the 4-1 delivers more torque, but then again the DC was on a stock b16 and the 4-1 is on a built 2.0 GSR. It wasn't hard at all to install, just jacked the car up, slid the header in from under neath and bolted it up. Heres some pics of the 4-1 on my car

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The problem with the 1st one you listed is that "ceramic" coating will burn off within a minute or run time. I had a pacesetter header on a EF hatch when I was 15 (forever ago lol) and thought the damn car was on fire due to all the smoke lol. The 2nd one you linked is the exact same one thats on my car right now (waiting to be replaced with a topmount). The flange is nice and solid, the welds are pretty good believe it or not, plus all the runners are equal length which is a good thing for a header.

JGvtec

Well i know now. I see nothing wrong with eBay an header. Our cars won't gain a lot of hp because we don't have v8's lmao.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
The problem with the 1st one you listed is that "ceramic" coating will burn off within a minute or run time. I had a pacesetter header on a EF hatch when I was 15 (forever ago lol) and thought the damn car was on fire due to all the smoke lol. The 2nd one you linked is the exact same one thats on my car right now (waiting to be replaced with a topmount). The flange is nice and solid, the welds are pretty good believe it or not, plus all the runners are equal length which is a good thing for a header.
then i think i might have to invest in one...ive been needing another one, i cracked my factory mani lol

01FTW

I have an ebay 4-1 and have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had everything from a pacesetter to a hytech replica and honestly have not been able to feel a difference in power gains between the different ones. Not saying that a 1k dollar header won't net you more power, but 1000 bucks for 10hp doesnt seem like a good deal to me haha. I had a DC header on a b16 powered EG hatch and it was ok, I think the 4-1 delivers more torque, but then again the DC was on a stock b16 and the 4-1 is on a built 2.0 GSR. It wasn't hard at all to install, just jacked the car up, slid the header in from under neath and bolted it up. Heres some pics of the 4-1 on my car

That header looks good for an eBay model. When you installed it did you have to jack it up real high to get slide Tue header under it? Also did you have issues with getting the rusty bolts off the cat?

By the way your battery has a few air filters attached to it.. wtf is that? Lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I didn't have to jack the car up that high, just high enough to get it under. i got lucky and my cat bolts came right off. That "battery with 3 filters" lol, is my catch can. Battery is in the trunk. I'll have my header for sale soon as i get my turbo manifold, it only has 844miles of use on it....