aftermarket spoiler reinstall problem

matrixx611

I had to take off my aftermarket spoiler and now I can't screw it back because the hole is too big for the screw back in. I was wondering if there is a screw kit that I can put in the hole where i can put in the hole so that the screw can be screw back in the hole

built_ls

Yes that has some groves so i can screw back the screws. What are those called? If i make sense. like a hole that to put in the hole:oops:
you talking about those little plastic things that goes in the screw? Maybe home Depot cause i remember using some awhile back while doing some work in my house

Dtackett

I had to take off my aftermarket spoiler and now I can't screw it back because the hole is too big for the screw back in. I was wondering if there is a screw kit that I can put in the hole where i can put in the hole so that the screw can be screw back in the hole
one word

BONDO

fill holes allow to cure PROPERLY, sand smooth, ensure when you fill the holes theres a good glob on the underside and allow 1/4 inch of bondo to form around the hole on the underside, once its fully cured you can drill though and put your aftermarket spoiler back on, and the overflow on the underside will assist in holding the plug in. thats your best bet, you can also do this with jb weld, or that stuff you can buy at autozone, its a long grey tube of putty that turns hard as steel when mixed and allowed to cure, any of those will work i say bondo, sand, paint, leave alone unless your driving at 120+ or you got a 10 second car all the spoiler is doing is weighing you down and making your teggy look like a 16 year olds ricer dream

Dtackett

yup called bondo, theres another fella called jb that makes em and even named em after himself, called jb weld.

thats not a cheap way to fix it either, if you goto the body shop and have them do it they will end up using either bondo or jb weld the same way because it works best. you can use fiberglass filler but its the same thing as bondo just less effective and harder to sand level