aftermarket steering wheel swap

danik05

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/INTEGRA-BLACK-STITCH-STEERING-WHEEL-RED-H-HORN-BUTTON-EMBLEM-W-HUB-ADAPTER-/290632288638?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ab08c97e

so this would be a no? it's good looking AND cheap... to get quality ones would be like $150 more... :(

i doubt ALL ebay wheels bend like that? and the only time when it would ACTUALLY bend anyway is if i get into an accident and smash my head against it.. at which point ill have bigger problems than a bent wheel.... i dont do the gangster lean.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/INTEGRA-BLACK-STITCH-STEERING-WHEEL-RED-H-HORN-BUTTON-EMBLEM-W-HUB-ADAPTER-/290632288638?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ab08c97e

so this would be a no? it's good looking AND cheap... to get quality ones would be like $150 more... :(

i doubt ALL ebay wheels bend like that? and the only time when it would ACTUALLY bend anyway is if i get into an accident and smash my head against it.. at which point ill have bigger problems than a bent wheel.... i dont do the gangster lean.
if you watch the video it bent as he was getting into the car, i grab my steering wheel when i get in unless its not there. Trust me quality goes along way.
you have to pay to play

hgocasca

level 77 troll
This is a real setup.

Real Italian momo steering wheel, real nrg detachable hub. And of course mad jdm tyte Boltz to hold the wheel on.

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
If its cheap, so is the quality. I'm an expert on using quality over price. When I first got in the scene, I blew up a number of motors, from ls to ctr swaps, all from being cheap and cutting corners. Bent wheels, broken steering wheels, low quality exhausts, $40 headers, "jdm" strut bars, "jdm" lowering springs, you name it, I bought it. After about 2yrs, 4 cars, and $20,000+ I've learned to just pony up for good stuff now. Or be cheap now and break something, then have to buy the same part again, and usually everything else connected to it due to calateral damage. So word of advice from someone who has the real world experience (not that everyone else who's posted doesn't) keep it stock or expect to pay $500+ for a quality and reliable setup.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Agreed. I have a Momo wheel with idk what the fuck hub and quickrelease i have but i gave it the "is the hub moving or the steering column wanting to break" test before i bought it

lhd dc2

Taffeta White
Don't buy the eBay hub. They are very poor quality and your bolts will not stay on tight. This is from my personal experience. The steering wheels are poorly stitched,the glue will lift on the material,it WILL bend, and the bolts that comes with them will strip and come loose on you. That's definitely something you don't want to experience while driving or jerking your steering wheel quick to avoid something.

Atleast pick up a momo hub and a decent priced brand name steering wheel, otherwise I suggest you stay stock.

I rather suggest you pick up a grant steering wheel setup at pepboys or autozone than ebays.

Last edited:

tork_sd89

Baywatch

danik05

alright. btw, wlil the horn still work? for example, in the above link there are some connectors behind the centre piece.. are those for the horn.. will it work? or is there anything to make the horn work?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
What setup do you have? There's a few detailed guides on H-T. Just google Integra NRG Install. I'm on my phone or I'd do it for you.