air compressor

Spody02

Name: Cody
like i know about the cfm rating and you need one thats more then your tools, but what is a good size gallons?

does anyone ever run out and have to wait for it to fill back up...

comments!

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
you dont need anything bigger than a 4-6 gallon tank and you dont really need more than 200PSI. we have a 4 gallon tank and when we were using a nail gun finishing out basement we never ran out of air. sometimes the compressor had to be on while we were using it but we never really lost pressure. hope that helps.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
this has gotta be one of the most random topics ive seen in the lounge lol

but a small 6 gallon tank should be plenty

mirrorimg

What are you using it for? Pneumatic tools I suppose? I would check to see what the tools require and base the purchase off of that. Or you could go big time and get a compressor with a booster like what paintball tank fillers use. 2000psi? :)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
the biggest you can afford if it's for air tools. an impact will drain it quickly. most tools say max 90psi. i run 180 lol

phatintegra

Banned
I own a Campbell 8 Gallon 1.3hp and 1.3SCFM@90PSI. You can get a complete package with tools for $389.99 on there website.

I have to run sepeart power from it's on circuit breaker because I was blowing breakers left and right from the garage at my parants house. I have own it since 1999. I'm getting to upgrade it to the stand up one in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Spody02

Name: Cody
well i have been reading about them and they say most all auto tools use about 90 psi but they say its more about CFM and you should base it around that. And most impact guns use around 4-5 CFM.

But i was just wondering what anyone else is using

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
you dont need anything bigger than a 4-6 gallon tank and you dont really need more than 200PSI. we have a 4 gallon tank and when we were using a nail gun finishing out basement we never ran out of air. sometimes the compressor had to be on while we were using it but we never really lost pressure. hope that helps.
WHAT?!?! nooooo.....

4 is WAY to small IMO

Get a big fucker, or you're going to be running that compressor motor all day and not have any juice. My buddy has a 16 gallon (I think) and we empty that out pretty quick when you're using it a lot.