air force

SiLvEr_TeG

well i will be leavng the air force in three month some people say im stupid cause i joined. im going to be an aircraft structural mechanic. so what do you people think?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
It's your life. You make the choices and you made yours. You made the choice because you think it's the right thing. Good luck and be safe.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i have 2 friends is in the airforce. one is doing air traffic control now and the other guy is going to school still. its not like you will be running the streets of baghdad or anything. where are you going to be stationed.

Last edited:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
See you in the Gulf, at least you joined the Air Force not the NAVY, best wishes to you I got two weeks left in the service :D

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'd like to hear their reason for saying that your stupid for joining the Air Force, cuz I can't think of one.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
TegSox said:
I'd like to hear their reason for saying that your stupid for joining the Air Force, cuz I can't think of one.
Lots of reasons, but if you like it the benefits outweight the cons, if you dont like it it's gonna be the longest 4 years of your life

schado

weightless wonder
SiLvEr_TeG said:
well i will be leavng the air force in three month some people say im stupid cause i joined. im going to be an aircraft structural mechanic. so what do you people think?
I wouldn't listen to those people.... but then i'm biased. I am in the Air Force, and am currently at my technical training school. IMO, it's a great decision, what with the benefits, and possible opportunities. I bet being a aircraft structural mechanic could relate to some $$$$ money in the civilian world (especially depending on what type(s) of aircraft you may end up working on), if you decide to get out in 4 or 6 years. IMO, it's an honorable profession, and dealing with people who are opposed to the ideals and procedures of the military is just part of military life. I've met alot of great people, learned some amesowe stuff, and am happy to have my life on a better path then what i was on before i joined. On the downside, i haven't driven or more that less seen my car in months, but in that time, i have been able to save money for the laptop i am typing on now, the tv behind me, and next month, some new omni powers for my car. :thumbs up Plus i'm in the best shape of my life! Don't second guess yourself. You made a great choice. There will be times when you will regret joinning and ask yourself why but , believe me, the benefits,experiences, the people you meet, priveleges, and the pride far outweigh them.

If you have any questions, just ask. My e-mail is steve_o750osu@hotmail.com, or just shoot me an IM.

Good luck!

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
schado said:
I wouldn't listen to those people.... but then i'm biased. I am in the Air Force, and am currently at my technical training school. IMO, it's a great decision, what with the benefits, and possible opportunities. I bet being a aircraft structural mechanic could relate to some $$$$ money in the civilian world (especially depending on what type(s) of aircraft you may end up working on), if you decide to get out in 4 or 6 years. IMO, it's an honorable profession, and dealing with people who are opposed to the ideals and procedures of the military is just part of military life. I've met alot of great people, learned some amesowe stuff, and am happy to have my life on a better path then what i was on before i joined. On the downside, i haven't driven or more that less seen my car in months, but in that time, i have been able to save money for the laptop i am typing on now, the tv behind me, and next month, some new omni powers for my car. :thumbs up Plus i'm in the best shape of my life! Don't second guess yourself. You made a great choice. There will be times when you will regret joinning and ask yourself why but , believe me, the benefits,experiences, the people you meet, priveleges, and the pride far outweigh them.

If you have any questions, just ask. My e-mail is steve_o750osu@hotmail.com, or just shoot me an IM.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info brother, at least somebody is in the inside allready that could give him guidance and not BS him, hopefully no one will ask me about the NAVY, ill tell them the truth and they probably wont like it, but the Air Force is the best branch of the Armed Services hands down

schado

weightless wonder
cabezzzdb8 said:
Thanks for the info brother, at least somebody is in the inside allready that could give him guidance and not BS him, hopefully no one will ask me about the NAVY, ill tell them the truth and they probably wont like it, but the Air Force is the best branch of the Armed Services hands down
Not that what you guys do in the navy isn't any less important... I myself have a couple of good friends in the navy, and we've already traded stories and talked about the differences between our two services. What we decided would pretty much reinforce what you just stated, but hey, you still are doing something not just anyone can do. Shit, i don't care what branch you're in. You gain my respect for having the balls to join the service (especially the NAVY ;) )

SiLvEr_TeG

thanks everybody for all the support. and with this money to come in i got plans for a jdm b20b in the garage to be soon pushin 600. ok maybe a a year or 2.LOL! andgoing to be stationed in pensacola, fl.

My3rdBaby

Schado had some good points...one being that you will question why you joined, but some of the better advice I can give is that whyll you're in basic and tech school, it's going to suck, but as soon as you get done with tech school, and become permanent party, your outlook will be much better. just remember that. And I've got a number of friends that joined other services and it's pretty much unanimous (<abc?), the Air Force is the branch to be in! And I rarely find someone who really regrets coming in to the Air Force. Some may bitch and moan, but they still feel like it was the right decision. And like he^ said, if you need any advice or have any questions, feel free to ask. I've just recently got done with my tech school, but I would be happy to help you if I can.
Nick

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea bro, you'll definetly like it. At first its going to be a culture shock for you, with basic and tech school but as long as you don't have any major lifestyle changes to make like some do, IE bad habits, cough...cough...! But as long as people can leave that stuff behind and focus on getting thru your school you'll be set. Everybody in here is awesome, people are great, its like a big family, I've been in for 4 years now and I love every bit of it. First 2 years were kinda rough but after that its like a lifestyle I wouldn't trade it for anything. So sorry for rambling but fuck anybody who says anything bad about the Airforce or any other branch of the military. "People sleep peacefully in there beds at night only because brave men/women stand ready to do violence on their behalf"--George Orwell. So good luck man and keep us updated on how things are going. I'll be in panama city for a while still so get in touch when you get down to pensecola.

schado

weightless wonder
Aussie said:
...fuck anybody who says anything bad about the Airforce or any other branch of the military. "People sleep peacefully in there beds at night only because brave men/women stand ready to do violence on their behalf"--George Orwell.
DAMN RIGHT!!!! :thumbs up

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Yeah man, the mylitary is what you make of it, yes some days is gonna suck but the Air Force is by far the best desicion, just take advantage of everything and if you get out you will see it will pay out real good