Airbag codes

wrtd2

Daily Driver
How do I get the codes. I Have reset my srs a few times but keeps coming back. Not running to the dealer for something I know I can handle. Will go to dealer at last resort but I am comfortable enuff repairing it and have done so on other cars.
Now anyone know how to retrieve the codes? and what they mean?

Little history. I bought the car and SRS light was on. I bought from a car lot and the owner has no clue on the history of weather or not it had been in an accident. Airbags look ok from the outside and look like they have never been deployed. Other than that I have no clue.

HondaDNA

The SRS system has no codes that you can read your self, you have to take it to a dealer.

If you want the SRS to work in a crash then take it to your dealer. If you don't care much about it working then unplug the to airbags and install the dead plugs, then remove the SRS bulb from the dash.

wrtd2

Daily Driver
The SRS system has no codes that you can read your self, you have to take it to a dealer.

If you want the SRS to work in a crash then take it to your dealer. If you don't care much about it working then unplug the to airbags and install the dead plugs, then remove the SRS bulb from the dash.
Well I want it working but I just can't justify paying out the rear for them to just check it when I can do the repairs

lsvtecDC2GsR

Does anyone know if you have to take apart the guage cluster to get to the SRS light on a 96 GSR? Any help would be appreciated as I am new to the forums!!!

98sierra

if yours is obd2 (which in sig it says 96 so you do) then take it to a shop who has a good scanner like the genasis that has srs code reading capability