Aircraft stripper question

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
Does this really work. i heard a lot of stuff about this. Wat do i do, i just put it on and leave it and then rub it. Does it come down to bare metal?? Where can i find this product. All the help would be apreciated. ohh and by the way im trying to polish my snowflakes just to see how they would lo0k.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
it works wonders on valve covers. basically you pour it on whatever you want then hose it off. you can get it at any autoparts store like autozone.

mteg

Automatic Lover
That stuff is wicked! It will pull everything off. Just make sure to remove all gaskets ahead of time.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
So it does come down to bear metal. Would i ne3d to block of my tires, i dont want them to get messed up.

Peruviann

so how did that go cause i just traded rims for some RnR's and i wanan remove the black and make the silver did it work ?

mteg

Automatic Lover
I tried it on my meshies before getting new tires. Your best be is to take the tires off ahead of time-this will make it easier to mask off and paint. If you can, take the rims to a car wash-that way you can pressure wash all that shit off. It makes a big difference and cuts down on cleanup. If you do a couple of coats of the aircraft stripper, you should have minimal sanding-except in areas that you want smoother or are jacked up from curbing.

I just got done stripping my wheels and repainting them with the tires on. All the stripper did to my tires, was leave a bleach looking stain on them that I removed with acetone. I dont reccomend not covering your tires because I removed it right away. Yes It takes all of the paint off, down to the metal, aluminum or whatever. I had to do some minor sanding and wire wheelin on the insides of the wheels but no biggy. I'll take some pic's and post them so you can see.
Before

After. Found a spot of rust when I removed the rubber fender liner

Last edited: