Alarm Beeps in the Middle of the Night

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I don't know much about aftermarket alarms, and mine came without an owners manual, so I can't look this up or anything, so I'll rely on someones base knowledge about my situation.

So recently, my parents told me twice, while they were sleeping that my car went "beep beep beep!" in the middle of the night while they were sleeping, and they thought I went out there to get something from it, but I didn't.. And they hate the beep because it wakes them up.. But it just beeped on its own..

Now last night, I finally heard it at 1 in morning.. 4 beeps. Why is it doing that?! The only thing I've done differently, is that I found out pressing the Aux button and then the arm/disarm button, it wont make the beep, but now they're saying its making a noise?

Is it related to my new method of securing my car, or does it mean someone was getting too close to my car? I really hope not, because I have a private driveway, and if someone has the balls of coming to the back of our property for a fucking integra, that makes me very unhappy and creates anxiety..

All responses appreciated, I'm going to work soon, so I'll check your answers later, thank you!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
lol you guys.. I think its telling me my battery is starting to die

phatintegra

Banned
Sounds like the sensitivity sensor is set to high. You need to turn the sensitivity down a bit. There should be a box under the dash (driver side) that you can turn the knob down.

When you hit the Aux button on the remote. Your putting it in silence mode. Do you have a 2-way pager, remote starter, etc, on the alarm?

Last edited:

Jeffbel

^^ As phat said you need to adjust the sensitivity, but not all alarms have a knob, you may need to program it on the fob. The beep usually means a warning, could be the battery, or a high theft safety setting that tells punk a$$ b!tches you have an alarm and back off. :D

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Do this.

Buy a 100lb bag of sugar at the grocery store, sams club, walmart, any place like that. If they dont sell bags that big, make sure you buy enough bags to = 100 lbs.

next, get home park your car and make sure you arent going anywhere for the rest of the night.

next, cut all the bags and proceed to pour 100lbs of sugar all over your car

next, go to sleep, then wake up and inspect your car for foot prints

Its probably your neighbors pet jumping on your car and tripping the warning beeps dude.

Jeffbel

Do this.

Buy a 100lb bag of sugar at the grocery store, sams club, walmart, any place like that. If they dont sell bags that big, make sure you buy enough bags to = 100 lbs.

next, get home park your car and make sure you arent going anywhere for the rest of the night.

next, cut all the bags and proceed to pour 100lbs of sugar all over your car

next, go to sleep, then wake up and inspect your car for foot prints

Its probably your neighbors pet jumping on your car and tripping the warning beeps dude.
A little bit of flour would work much much better

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
battery may be the issue since battery strength does decrease when the temp goes down but like these guys saidit might just be a cat

ryanDC

i had a cat constantly going under and triggering my alarm, no cat is going under my car after i lowered it :D

BeatBox

Real Good!
i had a cat constantly going under and triggering my alarm, no cat is going under my car after i lowered it :D

OP its prob going off randomly, usually because its too sensitive, on mine with the extra sensor anything gets too close or someone closes their car door too hard (parking lot) it will go off
like mentioned find the main alarm piece under the dash and turn it down

another thing u can do it get it programmed so that the siren doesnt make noise but your PAGER will