Alignment issue..

Army74D

gtavila_
Tried "searching" but here I am..

After lowering, then going back to stock height, I noticed the OUTSIDE of the two front tires on my DA9 wearing ridiculously quick. The front passenger side wears more and faster than the front driver side, but both wear very fast.

Took it for alignment, and the guy said the tie-rods are maxed out.

The tires never wore out like this before we lowered it. They wore out a little while the car was lowered, but more now that it's back at stock height.

I've had several slammed cars, all in which I installed the suspension myself but seeing the tires butterfly inward at the bottom now is a new experience for me.
*It has no camber kit or other aftermarket suspension goods. It's back on stock springs and struts.

I haven't been daily driving this car like I've wanted to because of this.

Any help/ suggestions please???

Unless you bent something they shouldn't have issues. I would take it to another shop because it may be simply a toe in issue.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Sounds like just need an alignment. I'd go to another shop, some try to make it serious when all you need is an alignment.

Army74D

gtavila_
We purchased this car back in August thinking we got a steal, but it's been a pain in the a$$ running into one thing after another...

After getting home from the tire shop, I jacked the car up to get a better look at it.. Now I'm questioning if the tie-rods are even the stock application for this car. Knowing how the previous owner half-a$$ed a bunch of crap on this car, I wouldn't be surprised if the tie-rods are from a different Honda model i.e a Civic if that's possible.

Anyone know of a place to get OEM or OEM spec tie-rods for a reasonable price IF this is the issue?

Army74D

gtavila_
Sounds like just need an alignment. I'd go to another shop, some try to make it serious when all you need is an alignment.
I've gone to these guys several times and never had issues (besides getting my DC4 and sisters DC2 stuck on the lift. :lol:)
But they've aligned 4 of my cars just fine, and already know me as a usual customer.

I actually stood next to him under the lift and watched as he tightened the bolt on the tie-rod. Definetely maxed out..
But would the tie-rod cause the tires to butterfly inward like this?

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You can cross reference the dealers for the cost and see if its worth it to just buy them at dealer and check the junkyards. Otherwise buy from someone who has parts laying around. Someone has to know more about the tie rod though and that person is not me.

oemacuraparts.com