All motor ls, where do I begin?

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
yup thats what im doing and im getting all my parts from that guy ^^^ lol i have a LS getting my catback intake and camber kits from spooled great quality and nice ass pricing to. wensday is around the corner well next wensday still going to buy that catback camber kit and intake from you man dont think i forgot lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
this is EXACTLY what you need for 200whp

3" AEM CAI or SRI
skunk2 pro intake manifold with the opening port matched
67mm TB
310cc injectors
ITR pistons
Crower 404 cams
hytech header
2.5" exhaust
test pipe
hondatta s100

but crower stage 2 cams are cool. but i would rather get stage 2 or 3

mirrorimg

200 whp is a stretch on an LS. I think 180 would be a better goal.

Edit: You also need aftermarket springs and retainers to go along with the aggressive cams mentioned above.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
200 whp is a stretch on an LS. I think 180 would be a better goal.

Edit: You also need aftermarket springs and retainers to go along with the aggressive cams mentioned above.
oh yeah
those crower valve springs and retainers and high comp valves.

but 200 is attainable. if done right

dc2darkness

I think its very feasable too get 200whp outta an ls. might take alittle more money, time and some cleaver use of parts and tuning but i think it can be done.

mirrorimg

People have a hard enough time reaching 200whp on VTEC motors. I do not think it is feasible (considering the OP does not have unlimited funds) to reach this goal.

If some one will prove me wrong, I challenge you do to so!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
People have a hard enough time reaching 200whp on VTEC motors. I do not think it is feasible (considering the OP does not have unlimited funds) to reach this goal.

If some one will prove me wrong, I challenge you do to so!
people have a hard time reaching 200whp on vtec motors because they half ass it. they often overlook the important stff like exhaust and intake set ups as well as fuel pump and injectors. Also funds are a problem but 200whp on a vtec motor is easy imo.

mirrorimg

people have a hard time reaching 200whp on vtec motors because they half ass it. they often overlook the important stff like exhaust and intake set ups as well as fuel pump and injectors. Also funds are a problem but 200whp on a vtec motor is easy imo.
Well I guess I shouldnt say they have a really difficult time, but the B18C1 is a much better motor, putting out more power right off the bat. They come with a better head, and a better bottom end capable of spinning at 8500 RPMs.

The LS starts out with a serious disadvantage. Poorer flow, low compression, internals that cannot spin at the rate of GSRs, and no secondary cam profile. They need the works to get them up on power, and even then, you are seriously killing the wallet. And with a very aggressive cam profile from the 404's, the car will not like to idle very much.

If he wants to have the potential of seeing those number, I think a P8R head would be very useful, as it is the best flowing non-vtec head around.