Alternator Help Plz!

Cabral530

1992 Integra
Hey Club Integra i got a 1992 Integra GS and its having troubles starting. It starts right away with a jumpstart but once i turned it off and trie in start it again it wont. My alternator belt is on. And when i trie in start the car nothin lights up. But if i go to the trunk and pop it the light kicks on. But the dome lights wont. Any ideas/help is very appreciated. :)

MrG

SGT TEG
option #1: if you have a batt charger charge for 5 min on high then load test your battery. but if you dont have a battery charger, charge it with another car.
option #2: jump start your car, disconnet jumper cables, with the engine running disconnect the battery.
solutions: after the engine is running and battery disconnected are
if the engine stalls after a little while means that your altenator is no good.
if the engine stays running that means your battery cant hold a charge. turn of the engine and try starting it again to confirm that the battery cant hold a charge. let me know how this works out for you.

Cabral530

1992 Integra
option #1: if you have a batt charger charge for 5 min on high then load test your battery. but if you dont have a battery charger, charge it with another car.
option #2: jump start your car, disconnet jumper cables, with the engine running disconnect the battery.
solutions: after the engine is running and battery disconnected are
if the engine stalls after a little while means that your altenator is no good.
if the engine stays running that means your battery cant hold a charge. turn of the engine and try starting it again to confirm that the battery cant hold a charge. let me know how this works out for you.
Engine stalled.....bout to pick up new alternator asap.....any links for a diy alternator change?

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
have fun changing alt, i will say that taking out the oil filter and having the breather box next to it will help u a ton. good luck

dlo253

have fun changing alt, i will say that taking out the oil filter and having the breather box next to it will help u a ton. good luck
Yeah have fun. If its anything like on the DA's it is a fkn pain in the ass. lol, need tiny hands!!