altezzas???????????

XTurboAcuraX

all of you guys say that altezzas are the best way to define ricers. here's my dumba$$ question. what are altezzas????????

Prez

Here are directions. Go To Autozone. Look around. There WILL be a pair of them if not more, somewhere. Theyre Taillights that are Clear with the Red Circles. Have you Ever seen a Lexus IS300, those have Altezza Tails stock, and the New EVO 8 too. They Call Them Altezza's because theyre orginally from the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS300...

XTurboAcuraX

oh, you mean the clear euro lens tailights. clear on the outside and red on the inside. those actually look pretty good. why you call them ricer?????

DownShift96GSR

A lot of "ricers" think that if they've got altezzas on their car, their car is off the hook. They think they are racers and what not. They are not clear on the meaning of modding a car. They think you have to have em. You know what I'm sayin?

XTurboAcuraX

yeah downshift, i get what you mean. no wonder i was kinda confused. i never knew that ricers think if they got the lights they are ready to race. i mean, when i get my teg (probably this month) i want either clear tailights or the masked ones, but i'm not dumb enough to think tailights make my car faster.

KrNxRaCer00

its just the whole attitude of ricers really. a certain "part" isn't always going to define it.

ppl will say "huge wings" are ricer, but i argue that if its actually being used for its purpose, and they're hardcore auto-x/road racers, then how are they ricers? its really on the person, not the car.

i don't really look at them as rice any more. i think they're ugly for the most part, and would never replace my tails w/ them, but to each their own. everyone has their own opinion on what looks "nice," so who are we to say it isn't right to do it? i mean...they DO look nice on some cars (the altezza looks good w/ them...but that sorta makes sense...)

so...after all that bs...do what you'd like to your car, just know the car is all. don't think that because you have an intake, exhaust system and a big wing that you're a hardcore racer w/ thousands dropped into your ride. have a good sense of the truth/reality, and you won't have to worry bout being "rice."

hueman

i hate how they're called "euro" tails. it's just so incredibly tacky, i don't know what people are thinking. they just scream "cheap, gaudy and ridiculous"
________
Herbal vape

Last edited:

XTurboAcuraX

KrNxRaCer00 said:
its just the whole attitude of ricers really. a certain "part" isn't always going to define it.

ppl will say "huge wings" are ricer, but i argue that if its actually being used for its purpose, and they're hardcore auto-x/road racers, then how are they ricers? its really on the person, not the car.

i don't really look at them as rice any more. i think they're ugly for the most part, and would never replace my tails w/ them, but to each their own. everyone has their own opinion on what looks "nice," so who are we to say it isn't right to do it? i mean...they DO look nice on some cars (the altezza looks good w/ them...but that sorta makes sense...)

so...after all that bs...do what you'd like to your car, just know the car is all. don't think that because you have an intake, exhaust system and a big wing that you're a hardcore racer w/ thousands dropped into your ride. have a good sense of the truth/reality, and you won't have to worry bout being "rice."
good point.

misplacedcivic

KrNxRaCer00 said:

i agree that they do look good on some cars (i.e. the IS300/toyota Altezza) what REALLY ruined them for me (despite the fact that i used to have them on my civic) is when manufactureres like Nissan and Chevrolet started putting them on their vehicles stock. especially when i saw an altima comercial bragging about the taillights! :slap: what's even worse is the fact that most of them have yellow turn signal lenses in their "altezza" (nissan probably prefers the term euro) tail lights. that's the reason i bought altezza tails in the first place, cuz i think yellow turn signal lenses are just ugly. but when mass quantities of idiots got them it was no longer unique, nor cool. at least that's my opinion. if you want those lights on your car do it. but people will call you a ricer anyway just cuz they're jerks (not necessarily on here. people in general)

hadjie85

i definitely agree with you krnxracer. its all personal preference. and generally its the person that is the ricer.

heres a brainbender for you guys, tho. i know we call ourselves spocommers, but arent we actually ricers, too? i mean we are modding japanese cars... i suppose spocommer is a more accurate term, but only because it is more generalized than ricer, since a spocommer could also be a person with a hot neon or cavalier (tho ive never seen such a thing... :) )

what you guys think?

hadjie85

hueman said:
WTF is a spocommer?
uhh... you serious? eh of course youre serious. haha jk jk hueman -- i wouldnt pick on you if i didnt know youd take it well. :D

sport compact driver = spocommer. ive read the term in a few magazines. i assumed everyone had heard it, but i guess my dads words have come true once again: when you assume, you make and a$$ out of U and ME. [(A$$+U+ME = ASSUME) for the slower types who werent gettin the joke...] :lol:

XTurboAcuraX

you know what i noticed? when you see a modded car it actually looks more interesting with stock taillights. it took me a while to realize this, but in a way it's true. i mean many people who mod cars have altezzas or the masked taillights so we are really use to looking at modded cars and different taillights. you guys know what i mean right?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
there are just many styles and many opinions, just watever floats ur boat do it..i perfer JDM

to me most of the ricers are ppl who mod their cars that arent serious about the whole Tuner idea, the have mods like universal mufflers just to be heard; odd stickers/flames/graphics etc..emblems like SiR on one side and Type-R on the other, to get to the point..Ricer is a person that thinks watever looks cool and puts it on their car.

i saw a Saturn with a
DTM style Universal muffler
15" Plastic Chrome Spinners (yea they do spin)
With SiR sticker

or the other day

95 Civic Sedan
Huge Fiber Glass Wing,
small i couldnt tell wat size..prolly less than 3" universal muffler
altezza's
stickers and banners everywhere

those are ricers to me... no offense to anybody just my opinion

hadjie85

MoJoJoJo said:
to me most of the ricers are ppl who mod their cars that arent serious about the whole Tuner idea, the have mods like universal mufflers just to be heard; odd stickers/flames/graphics etc..emblems like SiR on one side and Type-R on the other, to get to the point..Ricer is a person that thinks watever looks cool and puts it on their car.

those are ricers to me... no offense to anybody just my opinion
to anyone behind the wheel of a mustang or a camaro, however, we're ALL ricers. even the true import fan.

good grief, lol. who cares whats ricer and whats not? we've settled this discussion many times before with the following words:
KrNxRaCer00 said:
do what you'd like to your car, just know the car is all. don't think that because you have an intake, exhaust system and a big wing that you're a hardcore racer w/ thousands dropped into your ride. have a good sense of the truth/reality, and you won't have to worry bout being "rice."