Am I wasting my time?

JDM Mark

I have 94 rs needs alot of work. Ex new windshield, doors, hatch, sun roof, and interior. It runs great and has a apexi full exhaust but looks pitiful. I make good money should I build or buy a newer teg?

Ganyon

Turn it into a never ending project car. Restoring any car to it's former glory is never a waste of time.

cvcrcr99

if you can score the parts cheap enough, I would think it is not a waste.

Does the car have a clean title?

enoch723

As long as the car has a clean title, restore it or even make it a sleeper. Keep it looking sad but drop a gsr or somthing in

99tegjawn

Turn it into a never ending project car. Restoring any car to it's former glory is never a waste of time.
This ^. Take before and after pics. It amazes some people what you can do to a car. If you have the money and there isn't any structural damage definitely go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XjoEnX

I have 94 rs needs alot of work. Ex new windshield, doors, hatch, sun roof, and interior. It runs great and has a apexi full exhaust but looks pitiful. I make good money should I build or buy a newer teg?
Restore it. Here's some prices I've seen on what your missing:

Windshield: $125-$150
Both doors: about $200
Hatch: $100
Sunroof: $100-$150
Interior: depends on what's wrong.

So aside from interior parts, lets say $600 worth of repairs you can do by yourself. Although $600 is a lot, work on it a part at a time. Divide it up and buy what needs the most attention.

Also, if you have an RS, you won't need the sunroof option unless yours had one put in.

Ryan659

Having a running car is better than having a pretty lawn ornament. If the engine runs great maybe a good shell will pop up and you can just swap it????

Nick_C78

Now when you say sunroof what do you mean? Do you mean you want to make your RS have a sunroof, or your RS has a sunroof it is just broken? Because I know someone who is looking for an RS sunroofless roof skin >_> Would be willing to work something out with my roof skin and working sunroof depending on where you are located if yours is the blank roof skin that is. hah

And yes post pics of the car so we can give better judgement. And the easiest way for you to fix all of those things is to get a donor car. Or use it as the donor car.

JDM Mark

It has a clean title very little rust and I put a new windshield in. I make enough money to buy a new type-s but it has a little sentiment to it. Ill take some pics and post some time today.

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
If it's something you want to keep, it's worth it.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I just picked up a 95 RS in trade for my Accord. The car was registered in another province, so I had to do an out of province inspection that cost me $1600 to get the car to pass.

New brakes all around, cv shaft, radiator, sway bar link, fuel tank strap, exhaust, wheels.

Mechanically, this car is now sorted out, but the body is ugly. It's from salty Ontario, so it's a little rusty. Nothing terrible, but still ,not as clean as something I could have bought from Alberta.

The car needs all the bodywork to be sorted and a complete repaint. It's also got 269 000km on it, (I think about 140-150k mi?)

But I like the challenge to fix up a car from a pile of crap and turn it into something nice. So really, it's all up to you, and how much time/money you want to invest in it.