Another clutch thread

ewall09

My clutch slips 2nd through 5th so it's time for a new clutch.
Right now I have a stock gsr with bolt ons and cam gears. The cams will be installed as soon as I get the new clutch. It's my daily but I really don't know what clutch to get.
Not something overkill but I plan on a little more power here soon.
Anybody have any suggestions for a decent clutch for under $400 ?
Any advice would be nice

tonydize21

i think the best clutch for the money is exedy i buyed n exedy stage 1 clutch for 265$ and is good up to 235 hp

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i think the best clutch for the money is exedy i buyed n exedy stage 1 clutch for 265$ and is good up to 235 hp
good choice, but clutches are rated by torque not hp.

stage 2's are the best. try ACT clutches
didnt know act made staged clutches i thought they were just 4, 3, 6 and full disk

clutchmasters stage 2 n a 7lb flywheel should do the job........
stage 2 clutches are typically 3 puk clutches which can potentially damage a stock tranmission

ACT modified street disc
:thumbs up

suzuki714

good choice, but clutches are rated by torque not hp.

didnt know act made staged clutches i thought they were just 4, 3, 6 and full disk

stage 2 clutches are typically 3 puk clutches which can potentially damage a stock tranmission

:thumbs up
sry bout the thred jack. but what type of mods would the trans need to handel the stage 2? and what bout a stage 3 ik a guy with a sautarn ion red line with injectors smaller pully and stock everything else

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Stages dont mean anything and they vary from company to company. Go by which clutch suits your needs best.

I have a stage 5 clutch that is barely any stiffer than a stock one but handles 300%+ the amount of torque, but it doesnt mean that another companies stage 5 will be EXACTLY the same.