Another exhaust thread, LS/ITR differences?

Afireinside

Ok so can someone please tell me what the exhaust differece is between a ls and type-r.
It seems I read a thread somewhere that showed all the diff. part #s and GSR was the only difference length wise.
Heres what im plotting.Some time (hopefully) between summer and fall my LS is going to get a Type-R engine swap.
I need new exhaust for my LS the seam on my resonator pipe is split down the side. I dont want to replace the exhaust twice between LS and the R swap.
I can get really good pricing on factory exhaust and it's a bolt in deal. Plus im going for factory sound!
I eventually plan to run a 4-1 header to cat,or test pipe(not sure yet) then factory type-R from the cat back, IS this doable on a factory LS and useable on the type -R swap later??
Thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yes the only difference is the A pipe on the GSR and the LS the Type R is the same as the LS. The B pipes are the same for the LS and ITR. The only difference is the ITR has a 2.5" collector on the 98 spec 4-1 header and a 2.25" exhaust

Afireinside

So will the ITR header fit on The LS? That way I can make use of the new exhaust when I get around to doing a motor swap? I need new exhaust asap and I think im gonna work my way backwards starting with the muffler and resonator,first.
One more question will the ITR b pipe connect to my factory cat?
Thanks

Last edited: