Another jack/stand thread!!

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Dont chew my arm off ;b i asked in different thread, no response so i got no choice

I know where the factory jack points are; the 4 side points, tow hook, and under radiator support. However, im asking where are 'side' jack points besides the factory ones? Or a spot to place jack stands beside factory ones? I dont like use tow hook and radiator because its like a balance to me, id rather do a corner at a time.

But if i were to put the jack on the front driver factory point, im not quick enough to swap the jack out and put the stand in in the same point :p supposedly, i can put the jack/stand anywhere on the sub-frame right? Yeah well... idk how to identify whats the sub frame and whats an 'implodable' part of a car.

Pictures of what i think for the rear for stands.

Acceptable? Btw, the middle of that "bar/block" looks imploded from previous jack use :/

Sent from my DC4

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Well thats why im asking. And the middle is bent in, that doesnt exactly scream suprior strength

Sent from my DC4

dlo253

I heard one time that somebody jacked their car up by the rear tow hook and that shit busted thru the trunk floor..

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Guardian, sometimes I just put it on the frame next to the tab, then put the jack stand on the tab.

Is that what you mean?

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
I suppose, the tow hooks are designed for tension, but the supports are not designed for compression.

Sent from my DC4

drevans_satx

Dylan
Dude, my pos gsr had that happen. Jacked up the rear one day by the tow hook and walked out 5 minutes later with my car a lot lower to the ground than before. Sold it with a hole in the truck too. Like a boss.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2