Another rant.

sylvaner01

So I have been working very very hard at work atm and I decided to buy an iphone, first day the screen breaks.. not to fear, I order a new screen.. this was 2 months ago.
I finally recieved the little note they leave inside your letterbox saying the post people missed you because you wernt there to sign for the package, the note said come back during business hours.

Now, I'm not the smartest person in the world I admit but I think they call them business hours because most people work during them.. correct?

Well If i'm working 15 hours days then how the hell am I expected to drive 10KM to a post office to collect my package.. wasnt this the reason they invented postage.. so you dont have to pick your items up...?

This really grinds my gears because this package is already weeks late and it will be a few more weeks late until I get this job done, why not just extend business hours of the post office to.. say... 7PM?

That ends my rant.

Thank you.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
thet delivered that time because they work during business hours too. :what:

im sure you could take an extended lunch to pick up your package or leave a bit early for work.

where did you order from? where do you live? im only asking because, if you live in canada and ordered from the states, then itll take quite a bit of time due to customs.

1qikteg

why didnt you just take the phone back to apple they have a year warranty....just make up a story that it was in your pocked and pulled it out and screen was cracked and they will give you a new one

mirrorimg

The reason why it was brought back to the post office is because it requires a signature for receipt. Since you could not provide that at the time of delivery... they didnt leave it at the door.

Only thing you can do is take a long lunch, or some time off of work to get it.

grayghost

I'm glad we got to the bottom of that. Since the rant was posted on an Integra forum instead of an Apple forum I was afraid the post office was discriminating based on what he drives. My son thought he wanted an iPhone until he saw my Windows Phone 7. He bought the Windows phone. Nothing to do with the topic, I just thought I would add to your stash of useless knowledge. What have we learned? Well personally I have learned the the Austrailian Post Office is just as screwed up as the USPS. What a relief. I thought we were all alone in the world with bad postal service. Or it could be companies like Apple or Microsoft or any other large company requiring signatures for penny ante purchases.