another TPS question (stupid question)

93turboteg

Still new to the Honda world so i have a question,

im going to pull the trigger on a new TPS and every one that i see says it will work with 1990 - 1993 GS B18A1...

i have an LS and i believe it is the B18A1, is there any difference or will that one work just fine?

93turboteg

alright, i just wasnt sure about the ECU or if that mattered at all or whatever, thanks for the answer and not the flame haha

93turboteg

i have access to a bunch of old throttle bodies off of D series, any way those will work?

Aren't the tps sensors riveted down to the USDM TB's, not bolted like the JDM? You'd probably have to set it up so you can adjust the sensor correctly after install.

93turboteg

they are bolted but with a rounded head so you cant take them out, people have dremeled a slot to gget a flathead in, and to adjust it, they supply the hardware and u bolt it tight slightly tight, connect the sensor with ignition on but engine not, and just adjust the angle of it till it reads 4.5 V then completely tighten the bolts down.

according to a website i read.

tilegend

they are bolted but with a rounded head so you cant take them out, people have dremeled a slot to gget a flathead in, and to adjust it, they supply the hardware and u bolt it tight slightly tight, connect the sensor with ignition on but engine not, and just adjust the angle of it till it reads 4.5 V then completely tighten the bolts down.

according to a website i read.
yeah omnipower has the instructions on their website on how to remove the TPS sensor.

some are riveted and some have TORX head screws.

tilegend

no problem... just bought a bare ITR throttle body. had an acura legend throttle body laying around and decided to slap that on.

93turboteg

oh alright, nevermind haha..

was adjusting it a pain? or did u just do the, rotate till 4.5V deal and it worked fine