Antenna delete

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
So the antenna is jacked on my new project and I hate radio so I'm just going to delete the antenna. I was wondering if the rubber plug was my only option or if there is something out there that lays flatter?

I've been out of the game for awhile so I didn't know if anything new is out there.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
So the antenna is jacked on my new project and I hate radio so I'm just going to delete the antenna. I was wondering if the rubber plug was my only option or if there is something out there that lays flatter?

I've been out of the game for awhile so I didn't know if anything new is out there.
I think your options are the plug, new metal, replacement antenna, or something ghetto like tape.

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
You could get a plastic plug, instead of the oem rubber but I have a oem plug if u want it, if you buy touch up paint to color match it,doesn't look that bad.

99sil-teg

Well I'd love to just weld it up but I'm no where close to being ready for paint lol

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Mine finally got stuck in the down position. I'm gonna hold out till spring to mess with it.

99sil-teg

Yeah this one is not only stuck up but also bent back some lol.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Yeah this one is not only stuck up but also bent back some lol.
Haha that's how mine was before I shoved it down. It would push it up but not take it back down. So I said screw the radio and shoved it down in there now it just makes that annoying grind noise if I accidentally switch from Ipod mode.

BeatBox

Real Good!
the plug will prob be ur best bet
if u already used the one off ur fire wall, go to the junk yard and get one off any older civic :)
i have a few sitting around

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
the plug will prob be ur best bet
if u already used the one off ur fire wall, go to the junk yard and get one off any older civic :)
i have a few sitting around
Where at on a junkyard civic can I find this plug? I just got done taking off my badges and plugging them, and now the next step is antenna. Im having a real tough time finding the hide-away antennas that you stick in the fender though, so i wont be shaving till i can: 1. Find a hide-away to replace the stock antenna and 2. Get a plug ahead of time.

Haha that's how mine was before I shoved it down. It would push it up but not take it back down.
Lol, the exact opposite happened to me. When I bought the car the antenna was stuck down, and I didnt have any CDs or anything so I had to pull it up...what can I say? I love listening to the mens room lol.

BeatBox

Real Good!
its on the same spot of the firewall, around the right lower corner of where the battery is(if u stand infront of the car)

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
its on the same spot of the firewall, around the right lower corner of where the battery is(if u stand infront of the car)
Ok, thanks! I think I'll go to the pick n pull by my house tomorrow after work and go do some investigating :) Wouldnt happen to know where I can get a deal on a hidden antenna do you? lol. So far on ebay, the only one ive found that i can stick inside the fender, is about $22. not bad, but then there's shipping...

95turboteg333

you can cut them down a little bit without it hurting, i would say maybe halfway, my buddy has it done and it works fine but i dont think i would try it without knowing for sure

96GSRteg

Tyler
here is the part number for the plug: 82871-671-000
get it from the dealership for less than 3 bucks. it sticks out a little, but i think its clean. and no water ever got in for me. i highly recommend it.