antenna doesn't work!!

kcombs

GS=goes slow
remove and plug it..

I have a cable running through the C pillar radio comes in nice and clear.

kleenkreativ

Hey, thanks a bunch.
This makes it sound so easy, but I know it won't be...haha.
I'll probably give it a whirl this weekend, provided I can find the replacement mast I bought.
I don't listen to the radio, either, but just prefer it have a working antenna.
I would just plug it, if I hadn't already bought one...

kleenkreativ

So, I went today and dug up the replacement mast I'd bought,
tore apart the back end and got it switched out...
was kind of a pain in the ass, but finally got it. Woo!

Now, I can't seem to figure out why the antenna isn't raising when the stereo is turned on.
I've got it connected right into it (not factory - cd deck) and the new antenna just stays all the way down.
Might be the motor's bad...if so, screw it - I'd rather just have it stay down than be stuck up like it was.
At least I figured out that my cargo area light was just unplugged - not out, in the process. :)

trophygirl

My antenna doesn't go down, always stays up. It is my understanding that there is no switch and it is just wired to the stereo power in? If the motor still works and the connections are good, will I hear anything when cycling the ignition or stereo off and on? Wondering if it's a connection issue or bad part...?

jmintegra

mines broken too, i just leave it down but the taking out and plugging looks great so i might go that route, radio blows anyway. was the carwash a gas station carwash or an employed ope, if employed they will fix it for you

mjones73

The mast was bent on mine and it way stay sticking 6 inches out.

I bought a replacement here - http://www.antennamastsrus.com/acura/Acura Integra 1990-2001.htm

I'll probably switch to an S2000 antenna when I get the car painted but I needed something that worked in the mean time.

The hardest part was getting the metal sleeve that sits in the antenna tube out, it was corroded and stuck inside, I used a scratch awe and a hammer, working between the sleeve and the tube, folding the sleeve in as I worked around, eventually I got enough bent that I could hammer the sleeve from the top, getting it out of the bottom of the tube. If you look at the new one, it's the short piece between the bottom white piece and the black rubbing ring. The old mast will come right of it and that thing will be stuck in the tube.

milli

Hi 5ergio, I bought a similar one from ebay but can't fit it in. The metal thing between black and white is wider than the antenna tube and it would not go in. Is it something you have force it in? The original one was not like it. It had black and white next to each other. But online, wherever I see the picture, it is similar to what I bought. Any help would be appreciated.

mjones73, I bought it from the same place. Were you able to be install it? Can you help with my problem?

Update: I read your post again and looks like the metal sleeve from the old mast is stuck inside the tube.Do you think I have the same problem?

Last edited: