any diff. between gsr and type r skunk2 intake manifold?

db84life

hey sup..... i'm curious is there any diff. between a gsr and type r skunk2 intake manifold.... i know that the stock are diff. but how about after market? they both are b series motor. do anyone know any diff?or had used them. feel any diff. please let me know...
thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the G3 GSR intake manifold has a two stage intake runner setup. it has long runners at low RPM which help with low range torque production and at 5800 opens up to the high RPM short runners to help high RPM breathing, which produces more top end HP. FYI: it's not worth changing the manifold on a GSR unless you have intake, header, exhaust, cams, etc. you will lose HP if you do it on a car with stock cams.

PS - what do you have and what are you looking to do? the more info you got the better info we can give

db84life

soon to be boosting and a friend got a skunk 2 mani for a type r but when i look it up on skunk2 website... there 2 diff. one for b series... and i want to know the diff. b4 i buy it... i mean.. these are b series engine and tot there shouldnt be a diff... but there is...

motor is being built, and soon will be boostin...and the charge pipe i look for is usually for ls or type r.... its hard to find one for gsr unless the pipe is being custom. i figure with this mani.. it mite help out if i have other parts.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If your gonna be boosting, you'll want to get a larger aftermarket IM made for FI, rather a smaller one made for an NA setup. But even an aftermarket IM designed for an NA setup will be better than the stock IM for a turbo setup.

Sirfallsalot243

No one answered the question yet. The ITR intake manifold will NOT fit on a GSR head. The GSR head is different from every other B Series head- even the gasket is far different. You need one made for the GSR, and ONLY for the GSR.

I recommend Blox or AEBS. Same as Skunk2, but cheaper.