Any H swapped guys out there?

2kdb7

I was also debating this when I first got my teg. But if you believe the internet nay sayers its a really tight fit to the point that routine maintenance it a pain and supposedly there is little aftermarket support. I then stumbled on a b20vtec and left the h2b there. I've seen a lot of hatches with this swap and they are quick in a straight line. But never had the suspension to keep up in the turns. Very front end heavy and lots of understeer. If built right it could be awesome. But I just see a lot of the swaps half assed and slammed

gsr_nikhil

The best setup I've seen is a f22a head, f23b block, f23b/h22 tranny with lsd in a hatch.

270+ whp, NA

I haven't seen many h22s beat it yet. The flow in the f22a head and exotic cam mmmm Mmm mm

Makes non Vtak fans like me go wild. Everything's bolt on as well.

Ninja edit:

If my ls blows, I will have to do a f22aX swap. I can source a complete f22a6 and f22b tranny for $350 total.

Double ninja edit:

Cheaper than a complete overhaul and the head flows up to par with K series.
Not to mention less parts to buy and much easier to work on. I'm sold.
270whp? Holy shit! This is with the f series from accords right? Must have some serious head work cuz I thought those (f series) only made like 150-180hp

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

audio

i have a full jdm H with lsd in my 94 dc for like 3 years now what know something just ask

cvcrcr99

Had an H swap in my 99 Civic before the teg came around. Hated the trans, but loved everything else about it. Should have kept that car and just went h2b.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
270whp? Holy s***! This is with the f series from accords right? Must have some serious head work cuz I thought those (f series) only made like 150-180hp

In top form, f22a out of cb accords vs any vtec b series. The sohc head out flows any b series.

I stated vtec b series heads because vtec heads flow better than non vtec, but not in this case.

The f22a6, found in EX and SE models of the accord produce 140-150 hp.
Though the compression is low on honda standards, a high compression setup alone makes 200whp not far from reach.

The sohc nonvtec f head, specific to the f22a. The f22b doesn't compare.
Can run extremely aggressive cams and remain streetable compared to any another series because of the perfect head design.

The f22b has shorter geared transmission, just like the h22 which is still long compared to b series standards but is a direct bolt on with next to no modding.

Bisimotos fastest car NA is by far his sohc nonvtec f series with a 9.2 et. His fastest b series comes in at 9.8.

gsr_nikhil

In top form, f22a out of cb accords vs any vtec b series. The sohc head out flows any b series.

I stated vtec b series heads because vtec heads flow better than non vtec, but not in this case.

The f22a6, found in EX and SE models of the accord produce 140-150 hp.
Though the compression is low on honda standards, a high compression setup alone makes 200whp not far from reach.

The sohc nonvtec f head, specific to the f22a. The f22b doesn't compare.
Can run extremely aggressive cams and remain streetable compared to any another series because of the perfect head design.

The f22b has shorter geared transmission, just like the h22 which is still long compared to b series standards but is a direct bolt on with next to no modding.

Bisimotos fastest car NA is by far his sohc nonvtec f series with a 9.2 et. His fastest b series comes in at 9.8.
Sounds like you know your shit haha

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I have an H22 sitting in my garage. Just bought a 2000 DB8 ALL I NEED IS TH H2B conversion kit
Not worth it for the amount of work.

Get a jdm h series with lsd IMO.

Id rather have longer gearing for highway commutes.

I hate revving so damn high in 5th gear

cvcrcr99

Good luck with axles binding if you are lowered. My Civic had a hell of a time dealing with it. Started with innovative mounts, threw those out quickly, bought hasports, with hasport axles, still binding. swapped to DA axles and that made the problem a little better, but they still made noise.