any ideas for my b18c gsr rebuild??

RyanMurray

waddup guys, i have a 94 b18c gsr. im rebuilding my motor due to a bad piston ring and because im a guy and i want faster lol my compression test was 235 from cylinder 1-3 and 80 on cylinder 4..... lol ive got 4 grand to put in this baby. it will cost me roughly 2 grand for all the labor and machine shop work because i work to much and dont have the proper equipment to do the job. so basicly i have 2 grand for parts. anyways, id love some ideas for parts as of right now i have looked at 1000 dollars im already planning on spending in parts. ive looked at weisco pistons, toga hv oil pump, complete oem gasket kit, and weisco piston ring. what else would yall suggest? im open for all ideas and thoughts!

RyanMurray

oh and im already planning on throwing a new catback exhaust, skunk 2 pro series intake manifold, new intake. i will throw up a picture of the motor now, oh and im getting it all painted and clean as fuck for the low low price of free :)

natt2000

you dont need that high volume oil pump. a stock one is MORE than enough. you can buy the tools needed to swap the motor for less than 1k. get a decent engine hoist-300? 150 piece mechanics kit-100? 1/2" torque wrench and sockets-another 100? tthat leaves you another 500 to throw around on tools or parts.

RyanMurray

what all should i replace? cams? i mean im trying to get as much juice outta my baby as possible without toasting the freshly build lol