Any info on cleaning the IACV

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
alright so i have been talking to a guy on another site who was telling me that i can easily clean the IACV instead of buying a new one to install onto the back of the intake mani. what i wanted to know is if anyone had any knowledge of a "how to" on a site that might show me how to do this. If not a site if anyone has ever done it before, please let me know how! i want to attempt this, because i dont want to have to pay 305 damn dollars just for a small ass part. thanks in advance!

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
well, my iacv story does like this

take it out and spray it down with brake cleaner. blow really hard to get anything out of it. put it back on. it it doesn't work, go to junk yard. buy about 4 or 5. if all they dont work. buy a new part or give the car to your dad so he can deal with it.

in the d15b, it wasn't the iacv, it was some trottle sensor on the bottom half of the air intake. make sure its the iacv. cuz that d15b motor was only about 50 bucks more. damn!

whole motor vs. iacv & 50 bucks. pick and choose

caraujo11

I replaced mine on my 95 gsr. it was pretty easy, tried to clean it but it was no good. I think it was like $150.