any one knows where the 98gsr shift point is?

KrNxRaCer00

why roll your eyes at that?

its very true. the peak power from the b18c1 motor is made at 7600 RPM, therefore if you remain in that gear longer, your h/p and tq numbers drop off after that. yes, its only 400 rpm, yes that's a very short time, but you would be faster shifting at that point opposed to redline or above (unless you've got enough modifications which would effect your motors' peak power points.) if this is true, you'd have to strap it to a dyno and find out your new point.

DownShift96GSR

KrNxRaCer00 said:
why roll your eyes at that?

its very true. the peak power from the b18c1 motor is made at 7600 RPM, therefore if you remain in that gear longer, your h/p and tq numbers drop off after that. yes, its only 400 rpm, yes that's a very short time, but you would be faster shifting at that point opposed to redline or above (unless you've got enough modifications which would effect your motors' peak power points.) if this is true, you'd have to strap it to a dyno and find out your new point.
So if I shift my GSR at 7600 RPM every time I shift, my Q/M time should be faster?

hadjie85

you gots a lot of mods downshift. i think krnx is gonna say you need to dyno it to find your best shift points...

KrNxRaCer00

honestly, w/ only i/h/e/im...its not going to make that much of a difference. you're looking at freeing up 10-12 hp w/ those mods...your power curve would be slightly different now, so it may have changed a little, but honestly i'd wait until i got a bit deeper into my motor to find a new point.

if you shift at 7600 or 8000 its not going to make a noticable difference, only slight. in other cars where they have a peak @ 4000 rpm and redline @ 6000, its going to make a difference. especially in higher hp/trq motors.

midwestgsr

it could make a difference if your one hellllllllllllla of a good driver. i've seen stock Gsr's run 15.0 to a 17. it always depends on the driver