any Texas Teggy owners?

ProjectIntegra

I'm a 2nd Gen Teggy owner in Northeast Texas. Just got my teg a couple months ago. It's a 1993 GS, GS R, LS RS OR SOMETHING NOT TO SURE Title, Insurance and Vehicle History report.com all say different. Not the prettiest yet but soon. Work in progress "project integra" and loving it. Don't have much time to spend on Club Integra, surely wan't to say I like this site alot everyone is very helpfull and there are so many sweet rides on here.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Helpful when we can... just be very specific/descriptive when asking for help or a question. Not like 'how do i make my car faster?' cuz youll get an answer like 'press the gas pedal harder' or 'my car wont start, i turn the key but it doesnt start' and 'check the flux capacitor'.

Check your vin number and cross reference it online to find out what chassis you have. Check the block stamp to the left of the exhaust manifold below the head to id the motor. Sounds like its gonna have some interesting history!

skimdrdgk_94teg

Ok..well my main concern at the moment is im leaking alot of water...i know its water because a few weeks ago I flushed my coolent system and poured in coolent fluid..well that ish leaked out si I been putting water so I dont spend 15-20 dollars on coolent every other day...i figured out that its my water punp..but is it really nessecary for me to replace my timing belt? Is there any way to avoid that?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A timing belt is not expensive so while youre doing the same work to get to the water pump you might as well change the timing belt if its anywhere near the maintenance interval. The only reason you wouldnt change it if its been done pretty recently and still in good shape.

skimdrdgk_94teg

Well im not worried about the price of the actual belt...ive priced it n and im better off buying the parts myself...although my timing belt looks like its in great shape almost new...ive priced some places on how much they would charge on the doing it since ive never delt with changing a timing belt...they quoted me from between 400-700 so far..n at the moment im not in a position to spend that much...if it werent for the timing belt id do it myself

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Isnt it roughly the same amount of work getting the pump off that you do the belt in the process? That being the case the cost of the belt isnt really a issue but naturally a shop will charge you for the additional work. $700 sounds like no lube. I think ive seen people post that they do it for $3-400. I feel you on not wanting to do it. I bought a belt and pump myself in preparation for having part of the stuff off anyway but was told my belt was in great shape and didnt need to come off for the cam install so i just have them collecting dust til that day comes.