any trick?

Dtackett

so im STILL trying to get the bolt out the middle of my crankcase pully, i got the tool i needed to hold the pully still, but that bolt is so meshed i cant get it loose. i have no funds at the moment, all i have is a basic tool set. so how do i go about getting this bolt off? ive used a 4 way tire iron that fits the bolt perfectly and tried to use my foot for leverage and i cant get it to break loose. any suggestions WILL be tried until i get this bolt off, im out of a car until this thing comes off.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
man up! thats the trick. lol!!

try using a big breaker bar. those 4way tire irons dont provide much leverage.

Prozon

Kris
I am so happy I have a powerful impact gun. I never had this problem and never had to pay for the stupid crank tool. Lol.

LittleB10

try heating it up? fire usually helps with stubborn bolts! good luck man!

hidenplanvew

breaker bar angled against the ground and just pop the starter, may have to pop it like 5 or 6 times.. dirty way to do it but it works...

Dtackett

breaker bar angled against the ground and just pop the starter, may have to pop it like 5 or 6 times.. dirty way to do it but it works...
everything i have read on every forum site, in every handbook i have, say never do this with this car, due to the way the engine runs and it being fit in opposite of normal if you do this it will destroy everything.

as for renting an impact gun, who rents those? lol dont figure i can goto autozone and rent a near 100 impact gun

Dtackett

oh i also broke a snap-on extension trying to do this lol ripped off the tip that goes into the socket, but my cheap walmart socket stood strong

Dtackett

ok so absolute last resort i MIGHT try that one lol sorry to lie in title lol if my check comes in tomorrow like it should then ill be fine cause i can go buy what ever i need lol god i hope my check comes in lol

j13

Keep It Clean
here where I live i know a place I can rent pulleys, breaker bars, electric tools, pneumatic tools ect..

autozone rents and sells nice breaker bars for a good price, you'll need a good 1/2" socket though...oh and put some balls into it.

Prozon

Kris
Wouldn't that whole breaker-bar on the ground, turn the starter.. tighten the bolt? Doesn't the motor turn counter clockwise.. forcing the breaker bar to actually tighten that bolt?

Not to mention it seems like it would just break teeth off the flywheel or burn-up or break your starter..

I wouldn't do that.. at all... ever..

Dtackett

see prozon thats what ive been told and thats the reason i havent done it lol youve given me the best advice on this site so thanks for responding as many times as you have