Any way to disconnect Check Engine Light?

jackacc

I keep throwing a code every 300 miles or so (o2 sensor) and I just disconnect the battery and it is gone for another week or so, but it always comes back. I believe my o2 sensor is fine since I am consistently getting 32-33 mpg and there are no problems with the car. In fact, this has been happening for over 8000 miles. I know we have 2 sensors and one is more important than the other, I think it is the 2nd one that is the problem if I recall correctly. I just don't have the cash to replace it right now.

I am just getting sick of it and would like to turn that CEL off for good.

Is there a way to unplug/disconnect the CEL without dropping the dash and pulling the light itself?

Thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
o2 sensors are not that expensive, just fix it.

NGK direct PnP sensor is like a $100. Or you can get the universal for $30 and wire it yourself

Of course, this is assuming your o2 sensor really is the culprit and not your catalytic converter.

jackacc

NGK direct PnP sensor is like a $100. Or you can get the universal for $30 and wire it yourself

Of course, this is assuming your o2 sensor really is the culprit and not your catalytic converter.

Oh really? Where can I order the NGK sensor from? I thought the o2 sensors were like $300?

I forget the code offhand, I'll pull it later, but I remember it saying it was the o2, but I guess it could be the cat. Now I really can't afford to do that right now. But if it was the cat, wouldn't it be affecting mileage or smell really bad?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin

X2... stop trying to avoid the problem and just fix it. plus your car will run better and stronger and last longer. :)lol: sounds like an extenze commercial)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
b1 s2 heater? check the fuse