Anybody know the problem?

98gsrintegra

When you hit the lock button on the inside it locks all doors but drivers do, but you can lock/unlock it with the key just fine...

Anybody got any ideas?

98tegLS_Vtec

I have the same problem with my doors. I hit the lock button and the passenger side will lock, but the driver side wont. So I just get out and lock it with the key.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
i beleive that the safety with hondas, dont know if other brand does that but you can lock the entire car from the driver door by lifting the open handle on the outside and press down the lock switch

98gsrintegra

you cant lock it with the door open with your finger either

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It is supposed to do that. Hondas are idiot proof to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. Since like 99% Integras came with keyless entry, there would be no need to lock the car from the inside with the door open

Last edited:

mirrorimg

i beleive that the safety with hondas, dont know if other brand does that but you can lock the entire car from the driver door by lifting the open handle on the outside and press down the lock switch
It is supposed to do that. Hondas are idiot proof to prevent you from locking your keys in the car
Yep. You need to pull the handle open, then push the lock button, The driver side door will lock if you do this.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The 97-01 Prelude is similar to this as well....I'm sure most earlier Hondas are. On those, if you lock the doors from the inside with the door open, it would pop unlocked as soon as you shut it. But if you held the handle while you shut it, it would stay locked

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
It is supposed to do that. Hondas are idiot proof to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. Since like 99% Integras came with keyless entry, there would be no need to lock the car from the inside with the door open
fawk! i locked my keys in my car the other week. mainly cuz i went to school all red-eyed and left them there laying on the stick boot. didn't notice till i went back to it to go home and my pockets were empty. called triple A.

oem keyless entry swap?

98gsrintegra

well when i got the car its turbod and has an aftermarket keyless/alarm/remote start but the kid lost the remote and set the alarm off, and cut the wire. so is it posible to buy a remote for the alarm and could it be programmed?

heykosal

Angkorian
The 97-01 Prelude is similar to this as well....I'm sure most earlier Hondas are. On those, if you lock the doors from the inside with the door open, it would pop unlocked as soon as you shut it. But if you held the handle while you shut it, it would stay locked
Exactamente