Anyone do a Manual to Automatic Doorlock Swap??

I'm Trying

I have the LS and want to do the GS door lock swap. Anyone do this before? Is it easier to get Doors from a GS or just the guts/wiring/relay?

tisguy

I just got the door lock actuator, and had it wired to the alarm system.

cant really see it there, but it's this little device that pops the rod to lock/unlock.

I'm Trying

tisguy said:
I just got the door lock actuator, and had it wired to the alarm system.

cant really see it there, but it's this little device that pops the rod to lock/unlock.
did you do it yourself or did you have the installer do it??

tisguy

I had the installer do it with my alarm syste, but when I did the shaved keyholes handles I had to mess around with it for a bit. It really isnt too bad though, hardest thing is marking the mounting because of how far the spring retracts.

I'm Trying

tisguy said:
I had the installer do it with my alarm syste, but when I did the shaved keyholes handles I had to mess around with it for a bit. It really isnt too bad though, hardest thing is marking the mounting because of how far the spring retracts.
I have thought about doing the shaved keyholes,but what if you go to your car and have a dead battery?? What do you then??:shock:

tisguy

precaution? have a really really good battery? lol. The other way is through the trunk.. but my sub and c pillar is in the way.. but think of it this way.. thieves are going to have to go through that much more work =)

I'm Trying

tisguy said:
precaution? have a really really good battery? lol. The other way is through the trunk.. but my sub and c pillar is in the way.. but think of it this way.. thieves are going to have to go through that much more work =)
cool.:lol:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
tisguy said:
What if you have a shaved rear key like I do??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Slim Jim. lol

Or hide a door solenoid somewhere where nobody will find it but you can get to if you really have to

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I know I could hide that shit somewhere. I love not having a rear key hole, need to put an actuator on it. Then hook her up to a remote.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Im more tempted to do it now, CDM has black headliners and a-c pillar pieces. Ultimate black conversion right there bitches.

I'm Trying

Ominous G2 said:
Im more tempted to do it now, CDM has black headliners and a-c pillar pieces. Ultimate black conversion right there bitches.
Where are you getting your parts from??