Anyone get parts from autocityimports?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Found a website: www.autocityimports.com and they have pretty good prices for DA parts. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever gotten parts from there before, and if so how was your experience? I'm looking to buy drilled slotted rotors and high performance pads from them.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
never heard of them myself, but I wannt to say I have seen similar rotors for alot less at Summit Racing which is a FAR more reputable site...

Mike61096

I can use slotted & drilled rotors with stock calipers right?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Why not save the money and keep it stock? Waste the money on some maintanence or something...

Timmahsan

Project Car Money Thrower
Why not save the money and keep it stock? Waste the money on some maintanence or something...
Exactly what "I" did, and intend to keep doing. For the most part, you have no need of that kind of brake cooling in a DD, and you can get a set of four factory replacements for the cost of ONE reputable crossed drilled/slotted rotor.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Exactly what "I" did, and intend to keep doing. For the most part, you have no need of that kind of brake cooling in a DD, and you can get a set of four factory replacements for the cost of ONE reputable crossed drilled/slotted rotor.
^ This. I know drilled/rotors look cool, but it's not really necessary. They use those for racecars cause they are constantly braking at high speed and the drilled rotors help cool the rotors while they are braking.

Last year, I was looking into buying these rotors as well for my teg, but decided not too. So I understand you...

Mike61096

^ This. I know drilled/rotors look cool, but it's not really necessary. They use those for racecars cause they are constantly braking at high speed and the drilled rotors help cool the rotors while they are braking.

Last year, I was looking into buying these rotors as well for my teg, but decided not too. So I understand you...
Thanks

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
I used the excuse of "oppertunity for upgrade!" everytime i need a replacement.

I needed new brakes and rotors...

djzachtyler

I can use slotted & drilled rotors with stock calipers right?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
yes... the only changes will be ythe rotors and a high performance ceramic pad... As others have stated you can save some $$$, but the drilled slotted are really not much more expensive than blanks.

most racers use blanks also as they have more surface area, if you live in a mountainous area or drive extremely curvy roads at high speeds then you may benefit from upgrading to these...
\otherwise stock blank rotors are fine.

Personally I run drilled slotted rotors, but I also live in a area surrounded by mountains and love to drive spiritedly :) ( but not recklessly)

it all comes down to personal prefernce when it comes to these... "Opportunity to upgrade" is always a fine excuse... do whata YOU want to with your car. don't let others discourage you beacuse THEY don't like it or think it is a waste of time & money...

Last edited:

Mike61096

yes... the only changes will be ythe rotors and a high performance ceramic pad... As others have stated you can save some $$$, but the drilled slotted are really not much more expensive than blanks.

most racers use blanks also as they have more surface area, if you live in a mountainous area or drive extremely curvy roads at high speeds then you may benefit from upgrading to these...
\otherwise stock blank rotors are fine.

Personally I run drilled slotted rotors, but I also live in a area surrounded by mountains and love to drive spiritedly :) ( but not recklessly)

it all comes down to personal prefernce when it comes to these... "Opportunity to upgrade" is always a fine excuse... do whata YOU want to with your car. don't let others discourage you beacuse THEY don't like it or think it is a waste of time & money...
That's good advice, and yea I'd use opportunity to upgrade and the fact I almost got in an accident yesterday on my stock rotors & pads. Had to go from 60-0 in 1 sec due to a dead stop in traffic at my exit. Some idiot tried to cut me off to cut the line and I couldn't see the entrance to the exit. Once he moved there's a line of cars stopped in front of me and I gotta slam on my brakes.

djzachtyler

that is always scary...

Being in cali tho I am used to steering off to the side or shoulder in those situations... we have our share of jackwad drivers out here so you have to be on point.