anyone have a junk gsr transmission that they would sell me cheap?

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
anyone have a junk gsr transmission that they would sell me cheap?

My clutch went out and I spent almost all my money getting a new one (broke college student). when I dropped the tranny a piece of what looks like casing fell out of the axle port. :shock:

So I cracked that sucker open only to find that half of about 5 teeth of my counter shaft ((#1) on this website ) had broken off and were bouncing around in there... Im lucky nothing was destroyed but this part needs replacing so if you have a paperweight gsr or type r trans let me know! (I say type r bc I know it will fit)

Thanks!

Kyle

Why not look for a LS trans? I'm assuming your gonna transfer your old GSR trans parts into the new?

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Is the counter shaft the same? if so you are my savior bc I still have the ls I swapped out... pops out of 5th and wont reverse... but if its the same its rebuild time!

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
thay have different part numbers on the link in my first post...

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
ANYBODY??? Has anyone swapped in the ls 5th gear themselves? did all parts except the same gear go back onto the gsr trans? If so its likely they are the same... I'd just crack it and take a look except the ls is 2 hrs away...