anyone have j's fender flares?

98blackgsr

I'm all stock :) lol, actually I have a fully built ls waiting for my turbo. hopefully boosting it soon on at least 20-30 pounds. and the only reason I wanted drag "like" radials is because of all the stories of people not being able to hook up with anything over 400hp. Of course I would then get drag axles and shit but ya know. ill probaly just do the fronts but put like 7 or 7.5 inch in the rear and monsters up front when I know I wanna race. I.might just do front, painted to match of course, and be happy. But again, I CANT FIND ANY PLACE THAT SELLS THEM :( help?

Prozon

Kris
What are the specs on your LS build? I'm building another LS motor next year, been thinking of bumping it up to.. now.. lol.

98blackgsr

r u ready? lol

eagle h-beam rods
je forged pistons 10.5:1
all arp bolts
sleeved
balanced
blueprinted
brian crower valve spings
brian crower retainers
ferrea valves
bronze valve guides

and thats it for right now, just found out why my engine is smoking cause i need valve seals!!! :evil:
so ill do my upper engine rebuild then throw on some more stuff to complete the turbo build thats happening.......soon. :twisted:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Good shit, be different. I like tasteful fender flares, I'd have to see them on your car to really judge, but do your thing bro. Some look good, some look ricy, haven't seen them on a teg. If you don't like them you can always sell them to a ricer

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
There's a reason you only find pics with front flares only.

Its a FWD car, having wide tyres on the rear of the car will impair handling and add weight.

teggyboi59

95teggy
I've seen in honda tuning a guy from Canada had fender flares only on front but it was a hatch back it looked nice but once again it wasn't a teggy

98blackgsr

Like I said , I think I'm gunna put 7.5" in the back to be flush then either 10" to 12" up front with the flares. Ill probably double sided tape for a minute before I either drill them to my fender or get them "professionally" installed. It looks good in my head, especially with a black car, but sometimes stuff doesn't translate well from my head to real life. lol

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
LOL you don't need 10-12" wide wheels in front.

You need to educate yourself A LOT before doing anything, or you can ruin your car; your choice.

98blackgsr

really? just thought that having wide tires would give me more area of grip so i wouldn't spin threw third. so educate me sir. and im going for 475 only because the precision turbo i bought is only rated for 490. lol

Prozon

Kris
The wider the better imo. That does seem wicked wide for a car though. My F350's 37" tires were 12.5" wide lol.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
they are made in house in japan via j's racing. they are more or less meant for wider tires than wheels. if you're thinking about going 10-12 in the front... yes you are out of your mind.

reverse staggered, wider wheels in the front :thumbup: