anyone ride a dirt/street bike?

95ls-gsr swap

i ride dirtbikes and quads... gonna be 18 in about a month and i would do anything if my mom would lemme get my bike license and a bike.... whats not to love? dirt cheap insurance, even if you have a liter-bike and your like 17.... sips gas when your not flying, and a 600 will do 150mph plus and a close to, if not sub 10 1/4 stock. anyway, what do you guys think about bikes? too dangerous? thats what my mom says, and while she is right, if im gonna die, im gonna die. car, bike, or tank... nothings gonna help... is the bike more risky? yes... alot more? yes.... but if im meant to die im gonna die weather its in my teg or on a cbr1000rr... only difference is if i die on a 1000rr i will die having an absolute ball of a time... the only horrible thing i could think of is hitting someone, living and killing someone innocent, which is just as likely with a car, and even more likely to kill or seriously hurt someone with a car... anyone ride a street bike? crotch rocket, harley, cruiser, doesnt matter. anyone ride dirtbikes? what are your takes on streetbikes?

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
You're going to kill yourself. How do I know this? Because you seem like a tool.

Only squids start out on 600/750/1000cc super sport bikes.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Yep^ you're gonna kill yourself, just reading this post I in no way see you fit to own or ride a motorcycle. Cheap insurance? You are kidding yourself kid

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Welp he already totalled his mom's Subaru.

If I were his parents I'd take his license, sell his car, make him ride the bus.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Welp he already totalled his mom's Subaru.

If I were his parents I'd take his license, sell his car, make him ride the bus.
Oh yeah, this kid.... (no sigs on Tapatalk). You should be slapping yourself in the face for even thinking about this. Your answer is no.

dopematic

What everybody else said about you killing yourself. Just from your post, it seems as if you're trying to justify being in grave danger is cool or just as dangerous as you smashing in the car. Also... not to make judgment but it seems like from your attitude, you're one who would ride and drive wrecklessly all over the place and increasing your chances being in a wreck faster. We've all been through that stage where all we want to do is just smash in the car or punch it on the bike for that thrill but you can't justify just cause tomorrow isn't guarantee doesn't mean you go all crazy. However... it is your life and your choice.

By the way, I ride a 05 r6 raven. I love it, scary as shit. Only ride for recreational use, not for commuting because even if you're the most careful rider out there; That's not the point, if you haven't noticed but LOTS of people out there cannot drive and they all rarely see or look for bikes on the road.

Ps. if you do get a bike. I recommend taking a Motorcycle Safety Training course even though you already have experience riding. They teach you a lot of great stuff and techniques that can really save your life while riding. In California, the course/class costs $150 for under 21 year olds and $250 for over 21 year olds. Also, if you already have a Motorcycle permit and take/pass the course, it automatically upgrades it to a M1 License without taking the test at DMV.

Good luck!

R13

The other asshole
My first road bike was a 600rr but I've been riding motorcycles since I was 4...

Also, My take on Sportbikes* is that they are popular amongst squids and a squid in my mind is a idiot that doesn't wear gear doesn't know how to properly ride and just does stupid shit

I loved my 600rr and I met some cool people when I rode it but I got sick of people treating me like shit and having retards ask me about it everyday, So I sold it to a good friend, He said when I sold it to him if i ever want it back just let him know because he's never gonna sell it, but I don't plan to buy it back because i don't like the attention it brings

...So now I find myself back on motocross bikes where It all started for me, and I'm happy I meet better people

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, Don't rush into something until you've done thorough research on, when you know all the basics and a good amount of details if you still want to do it then you're more than welcome to, otherwise you may find people calling you a squid all the time regardless of whether or not you're wearing gear

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
BTW, I haven't bought a bike yet because I know I'll kill myself on it.

I have my license but refuse to buy a bike until I can afford to sign myself up for 3 track days so I can learn how to ride it at the limit. Riding a bike at city/highway conditions is easy, but if something goes awry I want to be prepared and then some.

96GSRteg

Tyler
OP is an idiot. but there is nothing wrong with starting on a 600cc sportbike. an FZ6 or SV650 make great starter bikes and are forgiving of new riders.

and gbaby, you just need more experience to realize you arent going to kill yourself, somebody else in a car will.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
OP is an idiot. but there is nothing wrong with starting on a 600cc sportbike. an FZ6 or SV650 make great starter bikes and are forgiving of new riders.

and gbaby, you just need more experience to realize you arent going to kill yourself, somebody else in a car will.
Yeah, that applies to many situations, but there are a huge number of squids who bite the dust because they buy too fast of stuff and beat on it and put themselves in bad situations.

I wouldn't start on an FZ6/CBR600RR/R6/GSX600R/Ninja 600RR/etc. because the power bands are so narrow. That's like a switch waiting to go from OH I CAN HANDLE THIS to OH I AM DEAD.

SV650 is still very fast but progressive power. I still will start out on 250.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Yeah, that applies to many situations, but there are a huge number of squids who bite the dust because they buy too fast of stuff and beat on it and put themselves in bad situations.

I wouldn't start on an FZ6/CBR600RR/R6/GSX600R/Ninja 600RR/etc. because the power bands are so narrow. That's like a switch waiting to go from OH I CAN HANDLE THIS to OH I AM DEAD.

SV650 is still very fast but progressive power. I still will start out on 250.
That's my plan. I'm gonna be picking up a Ninja 250 in the next few weeks.