^.^Anything Goes Chat for Noobies!^.^

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Trying to get prices for most of my parts without bugging our sponsors because I'm no where near this engine build. I'm giving myself a year to save up for this. I was looking for OEM GSR connecting rods. I can't find anywhere that sells them. I've found my OEM ITR pistons and piston rings but I can't find connecting rods. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.

Or, can you use a forged rod with OEM piston?

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Trying to get prices for most of my parts without bugging our sponsors because I'm no where near this engine build. I'm giving myself a year to save up for this. I was looking for OEM GSR connecting rods. I can't find anywhere that sells them. I've found my OEM ITR pistons and piston rings but I can't find connecting rods. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.

Or, can you use a forged rod with OEM piston?
You don't need aftermarket rods my dude.

Nismor

So I been single for a week now and I noticed how my bank account is starting to go positive now lol it's going to be a good year for my teggy ;)

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
I honestly don't know how I feel about that post, Tork.

In some ways I agree, and in some ways I feel like a guy who claims a Nissan 240SX, regardless of the year, is an affordable vehicle just lost all of his credibility. Is it cheaper to make 300 hp in a 240sx than a AE86? Definitely, the KA24 are a lot bigger and stronger then the 1.6L 4AGE, BUT since all the 240SX's that I've ever seen (especially the 1 gens) have gone for at least $6,000 regardless of condition... it questions the hardcore nature of the writer. He's as much a scenekid, fanboy as any of us.

I just spent the last 5 years of my life wrapped up in the RWD, Mr. DORIFTO set, the majority of those people stay away from the track harder than anyone, especially after they just spent years and thousands restoring the old beaters back to some semblance of glory.

And the less is more comment about track days? I understand what he's saying, I am the type of person that has never been quite "ready" to get to the track with my car. I did a few times with the Corolla just because everyone's Corolla was a missile, it didn't matter if it was shot to hell.

Some people need to realize that it's as much about being apart of the culture, wanting to be around other car people for a change, than it is about being the fastest or the strongest. I know I'm not the fastest, there's some lonely sonuvabitch in Oklahomah or South Dakota that probably has me beat in money and time invested, but I enjoy being around like-minded individuals. I might skip the Yakima roof rack though...