^.^Anything Goes Chat for Noobies!^.^

R13

The other asshole
I'm leaning towards green because it's not that common but if I ever sold it having it red might help to a certain point

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
i thought so :/ i just thought maybe because of the manifold design, id get some kind of low to mid range power.. i guess not.. i guess i thought it would be cool because the way the manifold was designed :/ ill just get an aftermarket one then..

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You can go aftermarket if you want but even thats probably not worth it. Theres more to the design of the gsr manifold and how it works with the way the gsr motor was built than just slapping it on and being functional. Much in the same way slapping on a skunk/itr style manifold on a gsr makes it fall flat on its face in the midrange. The designs are tuned to perform a certain way and it doesnt match up with what its being put on.

R13

The other asshole
What manifold should I buy if i were going to buy one?

I have a lead foot like to run in the mid to high rpms (cuz my exhaust sounds sweet) and I'm currently pulling about 15-18 mpg

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
yeah i know :/ it has to do with volumetric efficency and the plenum size and runner lengths/size..fitted to the head... but i guess im in vtec denial.. having the gsr manifold is like making cheap vtec with a nonvtec motor... :p

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
yeah i know :/ it has to do with volumetric efficency and the plenum size and runner lengths/size..fitted to the head... but i guess im in vtec denial.. having the gsr manifold is like making cheap vtec with a nonvtec motor... :p
hey so you do have an idea what tuning actually means!

R13, Theres only a few choices.. performer x, skunk pro series or gen 1, or blox. Maybe a couple more but these are the most common. Pro series, gen 1 or blox all prob the same.. performer x has a reputation for besting all of those. Your shit aint running right if youre getting that mileage unless you drive as if youre on the track every minute. If you like midrange at all, keep the stock manifold. On a stock motor you will effectively go slower if you swap the manifold.