Apexi N1 exhaust fit a 94?

gene91

Does the Apexi N1 fit on a 94 2 door RS? Its an automatic, and my exhuast pipe just broke off my muffler so Im going to get a new exhaust. But I need to keep it under 400. Any suggestions for a clean deep tone, but not too loud?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
x3 on the ws2 on an automagic

or polish the old one and get it welded for an even cheaper fix

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
I got a street series magnaflow off craigslist for $25. Its all stainless steal with a nice looking outlet tip.

It was 35 for them to put on, and they did a damn good job.

Search craigslist!

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I'm going to say weld on a muffler, or just go around with no axle-back. That's what I'm doing until I get my N1 welded on.

just to warn you, the n1 is not a quiet exhaust

i have it on my teg and its loud as fuck
Not meaning to thread-jack but.. It's not?! My buddy told me it's a deep low sound, and not as loud as going without axle back..

Do you have a Resonater?
Sorry for thread-jacking.. but will the resonator keep it from sounding loud?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i have an apex'i n1 catback and mine isnt loud at all. its a nice deep tone thru the whole powerband. im putting it back on soon.

but for an auto, it wont sound that good because it wont have the pause in between gear changes.

go for the ws2

j13

Keep It Clean
Sorry for thread-jacking.. but will the resonator keep it from sounding loud?
Not having a resonater will make the car much more loud.

Most people take the resonater off, weld a straight pipe, put a free flowing round exhaust and think it sounds like an amazing race car.

I thought about putting a straight pipe in before I heard it for myself...

Intake, header, No Cat, No Res, good quality exhuast, wider diameter piping = track only, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Not having a resonater will make the car much more loud.

Most people take the resonater off, weld a straight pipe, put a free flowing round exhaust and think it sounds like an amazing race car.

I thought about putting a straight pipe in before I heard it for myself...

Intake, header, No Cat, No Res, good quality exhuast, wider diameter piping = track only, in my opinion.
So is the N1 muffler legal along the lines of noise pollution? Or actually.. will it pass smog too?

j13

Keep It Clean
So is the N1 muffler legal along the lines of noise pollution? Or actually.. will it pass smog too?
I have this muffler
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8723.

Its a straight thru design and I cannot hear my car while driving. But I do have a DEEP idle, while standing outside. Only at high RPM I could hear it (when I manualy shift, I could rev to 7000rpm)(automagic)

I don't see how people have loud cars WITH a resonater...I'm confused about that.

If you have a Res, and you perchase an N1 style muffler you will have a deep idle with a noticable difference in ehaust note. You will not annoy anyone. Passing smog I believe, depends on your engine and a good tune-up, good o2 sensor(s), properly working Catylatic Converter.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
I have the Apexi N1 and for me its really deep untill it hits VTEC then it seriously fuckin screams. I wouldnt consider it a quiet exhaust, not nearly as quiet as the WS2

Dumpie1

Lower is better
i have an apex'i n1 catback and mine isnt loud at all. its a nice deep tone thru the whole powerband. im putting it back on soon.

but for an auto, it wont sound that good because it wont have the pause in between gear changes.

go for the ws2

My N1 is super quiet two ;)