Article I just read

built_ls

I'm planning on buying a project car. I dont really want to mess with my four door cause its realiable... plus its a foor door. Anyway I might get a civic and do a swap (not a integra). I'm still gonna have my teg as my daily driver and get a civic as my project.
So I googled k24 cause I wanted to see the difference of a k24 versus a k20 type r. i came across a article on importturner.com from 09.

K24 VTEC Versus G23 VTEC - Tech Knowledge..... is the title of the article

http://http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0902_k24_vtec_versus_g23_vtec_tech_knowledge/index.html

I want something different than what everyone has. and this way i dont have to save up for a year to get a K, cause I have been saving up for a K. and I have $2000 saved up.

I want some opinions on this G23 swap is it a good investment.

Kinta94

thats interesting ive heard of people doing this before but never realized you could use the k series pistons in them.
they look pretty awesome and its not all that expensive which is nice. I say try it if you would like.

built_ls

yea. first time i heard about it. at first i though they was talking about a g-series engine line that Honda had

some guys did it one honda-tech and it was successful. i might be doing this in the summer or after the summer.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I'm planning on buying a project car. I dont really want to mess with my four door cause its realiable... plus its a foor door. Anyway I might get a civic and do a swap (not a integra). I'm still gonna have my teg as my daily driver and get a civic as my project.
What's wrong with modding a four door? lol.

built_ls

too heavy. plus I dont want to fuck with my car, rather have a project car....

I did more research on it. theres a old thread on here. someone already posted this article.... so I guess im late. but its still a nice find....

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
too heavy. plus I dont want to f*** with my car, rather have a project car....

I did more research on it. theres a old thread on here. someone already posted this article.... so I guess im late. but its still a nice find....
Weight of the 2dr: 2529.
Weight of the 4dr: 2628.

They aren't that different lol. But I understand you wanting a project car haha.

mirrorimg

If you want a project Integra, get a Type R or an RS. Those are the lightest ones from the factory.

I agree that the difference in weight between a sedan and hatch is very small, but when you are going to the lightest possible, it never hurts to start with hatch.

8-bit

do what now?
^this im pretty sure you find you something cheap for a project. 2dr,4dr,hatch.
everything seems to add up from everything i saw on the article.

Prozon

Kris
If you want a project Integra, get a Type R or an RS. Those are the lightest ones from the factory.

I agree that the difference in weight between a sedan and hatch is very small, but when you are going to the lightest possible, it never hurts to start with hatch.
Pfftth. I would never base a project around weight. Some of the most fun i've had in a vehicle was a 7000 pound truck lol. That's the same reason i've never understood weight reduction. Unless you're going all out I think it's pretty useless. I'm much happier with my power steering and a/c! ;)

Always good to have a different vehicle for the project though. It sure is helpful not having to DD the Teg while I build it lol.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Pfftth. I would never base a project around weight. Some of the most fun i've had in a vehicle was a 7000 pound truck lol. That's the same reason i've never understood weight reduction. Unless you're going all out I think it's pretty useless. I'm much happier with my power steering and a/c! ;)

Always good to have a different vehicle for the project though. It sure is helpful not having to DD the Teg while I build it lol.
im the same way. you cant even lose that much weight by cutting those various things and even then its not going to make that big of a difference. no offense to people who like to strip their cars though.

built_ls

i want a civic. a hatch. i always wanted a hatch. if i get a teg as a project it'll be and older model (91-93).

Weight of the 2dr: 2529.
Weight of the 4dr: 2628.

They aren't that different lol. But I understand you wanting a project car haha

Well I guess im guilty of believing a myth. all you is people talking bout four doors are too heavy.

but oh well. its gonna be a few months cause im in the process of changing colleges and im might have to pay for my classes the first two semesters. i dont want to spend money on a project, then have to take out a loan...that would suck. i should have a good seven or eight grand saved up for a shell + a built. and i will need a lot of help from my friends.

Prozon

Kris
Actually you can drop quite a bit of weight stripping a car. But that's bare bones stripping..
I think Dylan has the numbers somewhere lol.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Actually you can drop quite a bit of weight stripping a car. But that's bare bones stripping..
I think Dylan has the numbers somewhere lol.
There's a guy at the local car meet with everything past the rear seats stripped out. :roll:

I go hang and check out the cars then deuce when they go to street race...not my scene.