asking for opinions

96_integra_se

I have a 96 LS and I am trying to decide between LS/VTEC or LS turbo. I am not sure which would bebetter for a daily driver, and i also wanna be able to pull on V8s.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I have a 96 LS and I am trying to decide between LS/VTEC or LS turbo. I am not sure which would bebetter for a daily driver, and i also wanna be able to pull on V8s.
Statements like "i also want to be able to pull on v8's" is what makes me lost interest in a post like this. Let's run down a few questions here quickly and see if you are prepared to invest the time and money it takes to "pull on v8's"

1) Are you any sort of mechanically inclined, meaning, have you ever built a motor before or done anything other then change your air filter on your car?

2) What sort of budget are you expecting to have for this project?

3) Are you able to afford the down time to build the car properly, and or when something on your now souped up car breaks from time to time.

4) Are you going to be disappointed when your car doesnt "pull on v8's"?

90% of people driving these cars think they can just slap some parts on their car and run with the big dog's, unfortunately most modern v8 cars run less then 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile right off the dealer lot. Your 1996 integra LS puts down a whopping 120 or so horsepower to the wheels, and runs high 16's from the factory. You have a 3 second window to make up for to even compete with a bone stock v8 car, let alone a modded one. You wont achieve this unless you are willing to dump between at least 3-5k in parts into your car.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Aside from boost you could also consider n2o. It's not going to make you run 10's but should shave a sec off. What you want are 2 different things...a DD and fast car. Not saying DD's cant be fast, but it's all in what you want. I know gearheads in the are that would laugh at the pull on V8's comment. You have to figure that the mods we do like intake header in exhaust might net us 10hp. On a early 90's TA those same mods might net them 40-50hp. You also have to consider that there are several factors about having a fast car...power is only one of them. Integra's are lighter than a v8, but you can make considerably lighter. Also having a boosted car running stockish tires is just going to make you spin. Invest in a set of 14" 7-8"wide wheels (like diamond racing steelies) and run slicks...that will easily drop a sec on your 1/4mile, allowing you to hookup.

illmatic

Statements like "i also want to be able to pull on v8's" is what makes me lost interest in a post like this. Let's run down a few questions here quickly and see if you are prepared to invest the time and money it takes to "pull on v8's"

1) Are you any sort of mechanically inclined, meaning, have you ever built a motor before or done anything other then change your air filter on your car?

2) What sort of budget are you expecting to have for this project?

3) Are you able to afford the down time to build the car properly, and or when something on your now souped up car breaks from time to time.

4) Are you going to be disappointed when your car doesnt "pull on v8's"?

90% of people driving these cars think they can just slap some parts on their car and run with the big dog's, unfortunately most modern v8 cars run less then 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile right off the dealer lot. Your 1996 integra LS puts down a whopping 120 or so horsepower to the wheels, and runs high 16's from the factory. You have a 3 second window to make up for to even compete with a bone stock v8 car, let alone a modded one. You wont achieve this unless you are willing to dump between at least 3-5k in parts into your car.
^x2 i agree, if you got the money to blow man you could possibly achieve this, but the success of you "pulling on v8's" is very low. Our cars start in the 120-140hp range and 160-200hp even with vtec's stock. V8 come out the factory with at least 300hp+ so even if you factor in weight you still got your work cut out for you lol. I suggest you set your goals a little lower, not tryna crush your dreams but maybe you should try pulling on v4's and work your way up man lol :thumbs up