Asking the age old question

blubrett

My 1992 DB1 GS vibrates at idle. When it's cold, it Gives a pretty good massage, but it also makes anything and everything rattle inside the car. I have already had the motor and transmission mounts replaced and fixed all hose leaks. Also, if the RPM's get over 1000, the vibration goes away. It only vibrates in drive and s3/s4 (it's an auto). What else could I fix to get rid of this? And if I get my rpm raised from 700 rpm to 1000 rpm, would I get less gas mileage? Thank you, to anyone that can answer!!

LivingAlone@17

I have this same problem, except I still have mount problems, so I thought that was the problem. I guess not. Mine vibrates a lot less when going on the highway.

It vibrates a WHOLE lot less after I replaced the air filter, the mechanic I talked to fixed it for me and said that it was probably trying to suck in air to hard and was causing it to vibrate. Now my car speeds up faster. and idles quieter.

jenktj93

had a similar problem. i had a k&n intake with only one hose to the engine. on top of the fule infection manifold there is a badge round disc with a small nozzle ..it use to have a hose connected to it and the old intake now its just bare. have someone hold a finger on the nozzle and check it out...maybe thatll help
or maybe ( i skimmed through this doing research) the piece on the back of the fi manifold needs cleaning it i think the iacv... and another piece that attaches under it begins with a F. they have something to do with the idle speed
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1174

blubrett

Thanks guys. The air filter is only 3000 miles old. I got the entire fuel system cleaned out already. As much as I love my car I also want to kill it :/. I might get the fuel filter replaced soon.