Attempted theft experience.. best location for siren?

ChrisTypeR408

So some guys broke into my car. They did so by key jiggling my door, and they popped the hood and smashed my siren. And then proceeded to attempting to steal my car. What stopped them was that I had the lock on my quick release hub. I also had my main relay kill switch and that is probably what stopped them too. So when they figured they couldn't take the car they stole my deck and my steering wheel (I usually hide my steering wheel inside the car because it attracts too much attention at school).

That, was a really dumb decision on my part, to leave the steering wheel in my car. I did get the car home however with the help of my friend and his quick release.

Moral of the story? Have layers of security. For those of you that say a quick release doesnt help, true it doesn't help because a thief can just pop their own wheel onto it, but you also have to have the locking hub on it too. I just wanted to share my experience of keeping thieves from stealing my whole car. When they can't take the whole care they'll take as much as they can.

My security consists of:
Clifford Alarm 2 way alarm
NRG Quick release, short hub, and quick release lock.
Main relay kill switch.

I'm now in the process of piecing together a new steering wheel and quick release (which I will have to actually carry inside now). I've already wired a new siren and I'm going to be trying to find rear door handles from a 4 door integra to keep them from key jiggling me. Save as much of your car as you can..

REMEMBER THOUGH, THAT A THIEF CAN STEAL YOUR CAR IF HE REALLY WANTED TO. just add layers of security so that it's up to the thief to see if its really worth attracting the attention and the time needed to go through these layers.

And lastly, what's the best place to mount my siren? Some are telling me under the battery tray, and others are telling me to do it from behind the fire wall pointing outside, so that not only will it make a loud noise, but it will also make the inside of the cabin too loud for them to even try. Plus it will be kind of harder to find? I don't know what are your opinions?

purp_db7

wow. thats pretty outragous and started to get me think about gettting four door rear handles on my front doors wow. im glad your car didnt come up missing. hide the horn behind the bumper in front of the radiator

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I put my sirens inside the car. Nobody pays attention to car alarms going off anymore, it happens all the time and it's just an annoyance so people ignore it. So mine are in the car, cuz that's where the scumbag's gonna be while trying to start the car or steal things out of it so I'm gonna make it as unpleasant as possible for him. I've put them up inside the dash, also behind interior body panels in the back. Plus this keeps them from the outside elements so they don't rot, get all crusty and filthy, possibly go bad and stop working.

Kinta94

damn that scares me every night and anywhere I go and I have less security than you. well glad your car didnt get stolen but it sucks some things did.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I put my sirens inside the car. Nobody pays attention to car alarms going off anymore, it happens all the time and it's just an annoyance so people ignore it. So mine are in the car, cuz that's where the scumbag's gonna be while trying to start the car or steal things out of it so I'm gonna make it as unpleasant as possible for him. I've put them up inside the dash, also behind interior body panels in the back. Plus this keeps them from the outside elements so they don't rot, get all crusty and filthy, possibly go bad and stop working.
That's what I was going to do, but using one of those retarded loud commercial fire alarms.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
You can put the siren under the battery or in the front bumper. Like I read somewhere, the harder it is for you to install, the harder it is for someone to get to it.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Wow, what part of San Jose did this happen in? I'm a bit worried, now. Oh, I wished I had a garage.

mjones73

It will fit nicely under the battery tray. A piezo siren in the car would be good to have also.

Caddy

it doesnt matter where you put the siren, cause the first thing they are going to do is pull the wires from the battery and cut the horn.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Not if you lock the battery, thinkin bout putting mine in my spare tire place and making brackets and what not so that the only way to get to the battery is to unlock it. Huh huh? Good idea i think lol.

Caddy

Then it will be a pain in the ass if the car ever dies or when you work on the car and have to unhook the neg cable

Kinta94

I say put the siren on the inside of the cabin and another hidden on the outside. like everyone said make it so he gets mad frustrated annoyed ect..