Audio and heating question/issue

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
okay
2 problems

1st- I have NO audio in my car. I mean no speakers and no headunit. Car came with no radio and that was cool by me and I took the speakers out for small weight reduction. (please save comments on that to yourself, I'm all about weight reduction and freak out any extra weight) Anyways, It's time that I put some sound into my car. I only am doing the front. I don't really give a shit about the rear passengers, the Music and car is for me not them. And I already have a Kicker 4ch amp to power the speakers. So anyways. Debating on what speakers to go with, was thinking MB Quarts PCE 216's maybe? Not too sure. Also, I read on some fourms that mods were nessecary to make the speakers fit like Id need spacers or something? Also, any ideas on setups? I'd like to hear some opinons.

2nd- My A/C used to blow very cold, so I'm guessing it's time to recharge my AC? But here's the thing, when I turn on the heat, it blows like fucking FIRE, I mean it burns my feet, I feel the hair on my feet burn no lie. Here is the issue, when I turn the fan off and leave the temp slider anywhere, it will still put out hot air. And it takes alot of force to move the slider at all, either way.

Thanks in advance for your help

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i like my infinity component setup for the clarity. its not the super high end model but it satisfies me enough.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've been a big fan of MB Quart for a long time, it's the only brand I use for interior speakers. You only need a spacer if the speaker is too small to screw to the stock hole. You don't want empty space around the speaker, it kills the sound quality, particularly the low end frequencies. Or, if the magnet is too big and hits things in the back, or the window hits it when you roll it down, a spacer will bring the speaker out to give you more mounting depth. Myself, I always build plates for my speakers so the speaker has a solid surface to mount to. A piece of MDF will always be more solid than any plastic door panel piece.

And if you do make plates, coat them with something so when (not if) they get wet they won't expand and grow mold and rot and smell bad. I used stuff called Killz from Home Depot.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
So how much you want shipped to make my plates? =) haha
Thanks TegSox. I just gotta look into my full setup and see whats up.

anyone know anything as far as my heat issue?