Audio Problem - Front speakers not pushing power -

Peeples

I recently discovered my front two speakers left and right side play very low volume music compared to the back.

I have almost no experience with Audio.

Car: 96 LS Integra

I have all stock 2 front indoor and 2 back indoor speakers, Kenwood 800w amp, Two 12" Alpine Subs.

Would my Amp have anything to do with power output to the stock speakers?!?

If someone could explain and provide a fix it would be greatly apperciated.

~Peeples~

Last edited:

Kinta94

check the power output with a DVOM. thats the only way you will know if your truely not getting enough power.

Prozon

Kris
I had a post about this awhile back. Is your car a gen two?

Two things I did to mine:
1.) Replaced the front speakers, it may have helped a little, hard to say because the original speakers were Sony xPlods lol.
2.) Checked the wiring, redid connections.

Mine seem to play perfectly normal now. If your using an aux. input your cord could be the problem too.

mjones73

Assuming the speakers are being powered off the head unit, iIs the fader set towards the back speakers? Gotta ask... :)

Prozon

Kris
Lol. I see the post was edited, all that I said was from my second gen, but i'm sure it's the same. When I had the problem, with the fader all the way to the front it was considerably quieter than the rear. I'm sure his is like that too. Check on the connections of the wires where they plug into the speakers and into the deck.

Peeples

OK well I do know a little about Audio.

I went through my after market head unit and found fader and every other setting that is possible, from frequency out puts to fader. Its not the fader because the fader does not affect the audio at all.

I have a 12$ mono line AUX input cable that works perfect, I had a single input cable and it only played out of the right side speakers. ( I now know the cable has to have two rings on the connectors )

Im going to go and check the power out put of the speakers and see if thats the problem, if its not then Ill get new speakers :)

Prozon

Kris
That's helpful lol. Like I said, check the connections where the speakers plug in and where the wires plug into the deck.

Peeples

I feel the love from the community lmao

But seriously, I could come on here and act like a complete dumbass... anyway.

I know its not the AUX cable, It was playing from all speakers fine a few months ago.

Im going to check all the connections from the deck and speakers, sounds like the best route atm