audio problems

kristopherallen

Hey guys new here, just bought a 97 rs, and the guy I bought it from cut the wires to install his head unit.
So, my question is is there anywhere online that I can get those wires with the plug so I can just use a wire harness from best buy instead of wiring the head unit straight to the car?

Prozon

Kris
You can go to a junk yard and cut the stereo plug out. I think that's probably your best bet. I don't know of any companies that sell the plug. Kudo's to you for thinking of replacing that though, I HATE when people cut the plug off to wire in the stereo. The damn aftermarket wire harness is like five bucks. Makes life so much easier.

kristopherallen

Yeah that's what I was thinkin. Thanks man, but I just got another foot of snow today in MA and more to come so prob won't make it for a while

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
or you can use quick disconnect on teh wires and save yourself some money and headache.

you will spend money on the plug+ butt connectors+ 20 dollars for a wire harness etc.

if you not gonna use OEM radio( most people dont) you dont need that OEM plug. just wire it up straight to aftermarket radio harness.

its better because you onlyhave one bottleneck connection instead of 3

Prozon

Kris
^^ Stupid lazy people. -_-

Took me forever to figure it out WITH a wiring harness, when I was trying to wire up my deck I wasn't getting any power to it. It took like an hour of fiddling around with wires and testing things to actually get power. I'm not sure what decided to make it work, but I got shocked in the process lol.

dmacnesa23

On mine the guy wired the constant to the battery, so when you turn the car off - it would reset - every time. So searched this forum and viola! - cooked fuse under the hood.

BeatBox

Real Good!
I HATE when people cut the plug off to wire in the stereo. The damn aftermarket wire harness is like five bucks. Makes life so much easier.
back when i first got a car i did it, I FAILED :(

my friend just got a used van it has the same thing done to it, wires cut straight from the original harness

already mentioned but def hit up the local junk yard look for your same car, cut the wires and take the harness. match it up with your car, go to walley world get a after market radio harness(all the same no matter where u get them around $7) wire that to the after market deck, plug the harnesses together, turn the deck on and enjoy the music.

this how you will feel at the end

WAR 178

Premium User
all the above options will work, also check out the forums for somebody parting out a junk teggy on here....ask em to cut the harness(I am from Ma. and know how that snow is up there!) GLWF, cause it sucks to wire up direct and end up shorting the head unit= NO Good deck and then you have to buy another..

Prozon

Kris
Those little adapter harnesses are amazing. It takes a 20 minute guess and check wiring job into a 20 second unplug/plug thing lol.

I think i will go cut up a harness from a junkyard teg lol.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
those quick disconnects are not a hack job.
they are for convenience if you never gonna use a stock stereo again.

less connections are better.

plug + butt connector + plug = more chances of loose connection
quick disconnect+ plug = less chances of bad connection
every extra connection is a bottle neck.

lv4sndz

Just to let everyone know they do make a reverse harness for all if not most cars. Metra (Metraonline.com) makes them and most best buys have them in stock (sometimes). The harness for your car is a Metra 70-1720 and the reverse harness(the one that would plug into the factory radio) is a 71-1720. But the junk yard option is probably your best bet cause you can just match color for color and your all set.
Mike G.