Audio setup/install advice requested...New install.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
yeah, no kidding...

*Another week of waiting to get any work done on the teggy*

Well, I have done this before, but I just don't have the energy I used to when I was younger. I also never had to run wires inside the doors like with this flippin acura.

I'm half tempted to pay someone else to do it, but if I do that it will be a year before I have the money saved up since this POS junker integra is nickel-and-diming me to death.

I will probably have to go the full on AMPed setup to get it how I want it to sound.
I will just have to figure out how to run the speaker wires to the trunk where the amp for the front stage will be located. *sigh*

I would put the front-stage amp under the passenger seat like I did with my sunbird, but this integra leaks water bad. I wouldn't trust it not to electrocute me.

There's no substitute for doing it right I guess...and no other real choice.

thanks everyone.

=\
Dm

Last edited:

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Some more advice...

well depending on what you want your amp to do.. 2 channel or 4 channel amp.. here's choices

1) make your amp run your component speakers only and your aftermarket deck run the rear speakers

2) let your amp run both component /aftermarket speakers.. that will need a 4 channel amp if you dont know.

I am running type s right now as mention above and i am running 350watt amp to my component speakers and my aftermarket headunti(alpine btw) is running my rear speakers, than I have jl audio 1000watt amp to run my jl 10w3 sub.. its a nice set up, sub/ was most expensive out of my set up. 350 watt would do the trick, any other questions? feel free to ask, cause I have the set up your going with.

Edit: should also mention rear speakers are way over rated in our cars! you wont hear them at all, unless you use the back seat alot and want your friends or whoever to hear music..