Aussie's DB2

jbrown97ls

Even with locktite?
Before I used loctite. It loosened and then after I tightened it up it went to shit and I had to replace my crank pulley. After that incident I caked it with loctite. I dread when the day come for me to remove it.

R13

The other asshole
Actually more like your below average balding 50 yr old man haha

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't think high RPM are the issue, because mine comes off super easy. However, yours also doesn't have any dampening rubber. Never been a fan of the solid pulley.
Yea I've thought about all that a lot, IMO after 8k rpms, nothing on the market is going to dampen the motor. If anything I think the balancers will cause more vibration from them exceeding their threshold, and until I see solid tests on both sides I'm gonna stick with one that I know is balanced and won't add anymore vibration then what's already there.

Nick_C78

Yea I've thought about all that a lot, IMO after 8k rpms, nothing on the market is going to dampen the motor. If anything I think the balancers will cause more vibration from them exceeding their threshold, and until I see solid tests on both sides I'm gonna stick with one that I know is balanced and won't add anymore vibration then what's already there.
True, but my whole rotating assembly is balanced to 11k. I can find my papers somewhere. The OEM balancer worked pretty well, even in high RPMS. I had that concern too, but when I had it all balanced they said it didn't have issues.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The problem isn't so much balancing, balancing does cause vibration, but they are trying to offset resonance with the dampers.

Wal-Mart

Btw, awesome hair! I always had the low cut military cut in my head. :lol:
I'll look into that stuff :D This is the first time I've had long hair. It's a nice break after 10 years of buzz cuts.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Had some free time to spend on the Integra today. Went through the motor and checked everything out, it all still looks new, bearings are good, compression's good, adjusted the valves, etc. I think it's been a year since I drove it, kinda miss it, but I'm just getting it ready to part out. So anyone want a stroked and sleeved b17 let me know :D

I should clean it better, I got nasty oily fingerprints all over it.

Guess I could've cleaned those cam caps when I was building the motor :lol:

All buttoned up and ready to go

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Picked up another cable trans, looked like it was sitting in barrel of oil for the last 22 years.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I know right, it's been over 7 years! But I only drove it to work and back so it doesn't have many miles. I'll lube the hell out of the assembly when I get ready to put it back in, it needs a new VC gasket anyway, no sense now cause I don't know how long it will sit.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I got a good deal on it and they are getting harder to come by. Never know when I'll need another.