auto ls teg, gsr swap?

94exa2

NO LEFT LEG = NO CLUTCH

hey guys, i was wondering how to swap a 95 gsr longblock into an automatic 95 ls integra. ive found jdm b18c automatic longblocks/ transmission/ ecu's/ tcu's and everything, but through research found out the jdm gsr auto trans is the same as the usdm ls auto trans. so anyways, if i start with a 95 ls auto and buy a 95 auto gsr long block, jdm auto p72, and gsr tcu, and used the stock ls auto trans, it should be a straight swap, right?

Last edited:

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
I'd just do a auto to manual conversion. Are you wanting to do a GSR swap, what head are you going to put on the GSR block?

phatintegra

Banned
4dr94teg: He said GSR long block meaning GSR head and GSR block.

It's a straight swap but this is where it get's tricky. You will need custom wire harness and if you have SMOG in your state.

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
dope, thanks Phatintegra, I've been up too long today, just drove back from New Orleans. Ok so were doing a GSR swap but keeping the LS auto tranny. Whats keeping you from converting to manual, your going to have everything out anyway, you'll just need pedal assembly, shift linkage, and the 5sp tranny. I did this same swap in my 96 civic, and converted from auto to manual. I had a donor car so it made getting all the parts easy and I was also able to convert to rear disk brakes. Used the P72 and completely redid my harness from the ground up.

Last edited:
I'd just do a auto to manual conversion. Are you wanting to do a GSR swap, what head are you going to put on the GSR block?
He said "GSR long block". Long block constitutes oil pan to valve cover at the very least. Generally long blocks you buy will come with an intake mani, throttle body, fuel rail, distributor and wires, and injectors. Some even throw in the exhaust mani too.

OP, If you get everything you listed at the end there you should have a bolt in affair.

Edit: Was searching online for the trans gear ratios. I can only find the manual B series ratios. Where did you find the Auto OP? I couldn't find numbers but everything I read showed the owners of GSR auto transmissions saying that the gearing is shorter than the US LS auto.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
The SIR-G Auto Trans (I have) bolts straight up to the LS Long block. In Japan the SIR-G Auto is a JDM B18C (GSR) long block with a SIR-G trans. Your LS trans should bolt right up.

As for the SIR-G, yes the gearing does feel shorter. I think it's way better trans then the USDM one.

One more thing I should add if you are going that route. You will need a trans oil cooler. Trust me you will need it.

Last edited:

94exa2

The SIR-G Auto Trans (I have) bolts straight up to the LS Long block. In Japan the SIR-G Auto is a JDM B18C (GSR) long block with a SIR-G trans. Your LS trans should bolt right up.

As for the SIR-G, yes the gearing does feel shorter. I think it's way better trans then the USDM one.

One more thing I should add if you are going that route. You will need a trans oil cooler. Trust me you will need it.
i have
obd1 auto LS coupe/hatch
obd1 jdm auto b18c longblock

i am looking for an obd1 auto ecu to use (p30 or p72)
and trying to find a shorter geared auto trans.

everything ive read on auto b series trans says the ls trans is the same as the jdm gsr/sirg or w/e.
are you sure the b18c auto trans is shorter than the b18b? anyone know about b16 auto trans'? i want to find the shortest b auto i can!

i want it auto, i have my boosted manual civic, i want a nice, comfortable, leather interior, pw/sunroof AUTO car for my DD, but still want it to have balls....

94exa2

so far ive read alot of mixed review about the usdm Ls b18b auto trans and the jdm sirg b18c auto trans, some saying they are the exact same in every way, and some saying the jdm b18c auto has shorter gears and better in every way. anyone know about the jdm b16a auto trans compared to the two b18 auto's?

and does anybody know the differances between the jdm p72 auto and jdm p30 auto ecu, as far as auto redline, vtec engagement etc? what about the auto tcu wot shift points between the usdm Ls b18b, jdm b18c, and jdm b16 trans/tcu?

does ANYBODY make ANYTHING to control honda/acura TCU's?

did ANY b series auto trans ever come with lsd as the d series m24a auto did from time to time?

i have my b18c, and want the "best" auto trans, with shortest gears (specially if any ever had lsd) etc... and the "best" auto ecu and tcu.

and please no more manual swap talk. i have a semi gutted ej1 as my "fun" car, i want a slightly newer auto coupe/hatch with p/w,ps,ac,sunroof, leather etc as my nice DD....but i want it to have balls, i.e. gsr, i/h/e, b16a/b18c auto trans, hondata s300, eibach pro springs

phatintegra

Banned
I gave you allot of information by PM. Hondata won't work with Auto ECUs. eCtune and Chrome work for Auto but not sure about Neptune.

94exa2

I gave you allot of information by PM. Hondata won't work with Auto ECUs. eCtune and Chrome work for Auto but not sure about Neptune.
for some reason i cant have more than 3 total pm's so they all got deleted. its a straight swap?

Peruviann

i was looking into this a while back and i decided to just do an auto to manual swap. one person did it a while back on honda-tech and he had alot of problems with the swap

94exa2

i really want to swap an obd1 jdm b18c auto p72ecu/tcu into an obd1 usdm auto teg hatch. or at the very least, a b18c with ls auto trans p72ecu with just icebox, itr 4-1 header, itr catback.

i just want a NICE 2dr automatic with leather, sunroof, pw etc as my dd. i want an auto 2dr gsr with black leathers. they never made it in the us. but did in japan. i gota figure out how to have an auto gsr in america!

and have my boosted m/t civic on the side

94exa2

PLEASE NO MANUAL SWAP RELYS.

Sitting Here:
obd1 95 ls 2door automatic with b18b1 and auto trans
obd1 95 gsr block/head/im etc....

i know i need an obd1 auto jdm p72 ecu, or convert obd1 LS ecu to run vtec and control auto trans?

my first obstacle, swap out LS block/head for GSR block/head

so step 1 would be gsr engine, ls auto trans, auto p72 ecu

step 2 will be jdm auto sir-g (gsr) auto trans swap into auto ls....which i will worry about later.

at hand is gsr block/head into ls auto chassis...

has anyone does this engine swap and kept the ls auto? i shouldnt need custom motor mounts, correct?

any advice on making my auto ls gsr powered(keeping auto)?

phatintegra

Banned
I have done a LS/VTEC Auto PBD2 to PBD1. I'm in the middle of re-building.

You won't need any custom motor mounts. It's a straight swap in. The only thing is like I said before is the wiring that you will run into unless you can pull in the wiring detail from another website (It's out there). Also Emission will be an issue if your vehicle original OBD2 from the plant.

This is the PM I sent you on March 10th - About the transmission and ECU specs
Originally Posted by phatintegra
JDM B16 Auto Gear Ratio
1 2.674
2 1.483
3 0.974
4 0.725
REVERSE 1.904
FINAL REDUCTION 4.428

I did more research on the SIR-G trans it's the same gear ratio as the LS Manual.

As for redline on the ECU.
JDM P30 Rev Limiter : 8.2K RPM

JDM P72
Speed limit 180KMh (with 5'th gear u will reach ~ 185KMh, with 4'th you will go down to the redline and will have 200KMh no problem)
Rev Limiter @ 8.2k RPM
Vtec activates @ 4.4k RPM I think on Automatic it's 5K
Its been designed for 1790cc engine with compression ratio of 10.6:1

One more thing I should add If you already have a SIR-G Longblock you will need the SIR-G (JDM P72) ECU because on the SIR-G (GSR) has 2 butterflies on the mainofold. The P72 could activate the secondary butterflie. The P30 (B16) only activate a single butterfly.

Last edited: