auto to 5spd key removal?

leon

Hey guys. Finishing the wiring from a 5spd swap, I hooked up the battery, and still can't get the key to come out. I read that you have to connect wires 10,11,12 (2 big black, one green/white) on the auto shifter connecter. I did that in hopes of the key coming out. Nope, key stayed in. I read you are supposed to leave the auto shifter in park when you pull it, I'm pretty sure I didn't, but I can see why that would matter bc there was no motor/trans or battery in the car when I pulled it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
the auto trans needs to be in park becuase the mechinism that locks the key when your in drive will stay locked until its in park again. if the 5speed trans is already in i would take apart the steering colum and take the ignition cylinder out and try to fix it that way. worst comes to worst, get a new ignition cylinder and key. i think its a mechanical lock instead of an electrical lock so it wont matter if the battery is in or not

leon

the auto trans needs to be in park becuase the mechinism that locks the key when your in drive will stay locked until its in park again. if the 5speed trans is already in i would take apart the steering colum and take the ignition cylinder out and try to fix it that way. worst comes to worst, get a new ignition cylinder and key. i think its a mechanical lock instead of an electrical lock so it wont matter if the battery is in or not
Right, I figured as much with the car needing to be in park, I still have the ignition cylinder from my eg hatch, so I might try that if I can't get it to work